Gedling School Class Photo - 62/3.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just read the sad news of the death of Roger Bannister. Though I am not a sport fan of any kind I admireĀ  people who dedicate themselves and accomplish great things and Roger was one of those p

Newbie here and struggling to read all the different threads so I'm bumping this one . I was at Gedling from 60-65 . Mr. Wilson was my form teacher for the last few years . We were the first year to

Have to give massive thanks to member purseglove from this board who sent these to me for posting . You could nearly call this the "mother-lode" of pictures and it also answers an earlier question o

• 2 weeks later...
Go on then Bazza which one are you ??

O.K Beefy (or anyone vaguely interested) - did you guess right ?

There is at least one other forumite on there,,,,, I thought she/he might have joined in,,,,, we'll see !

Baz

Front row centre???

!rotfl!

Spot on mate,,,,,,,,,, and that after you've met me !? (or was it because you met me ?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I used to wear a black (cloth) jacket. We used to call them Panther jackets, but I've since been told that meant another type,,,,, anyhoo, I put a small Skull & Crossbones patch on the back (sort of thing we picked up at Skeggy a similar places).

The headmaster told me that it wasn't suitable for school,,,, & that a shirt & tie was preferable.

From then on,,,,, I wore a shirt & tie. For some reason the 'head' thought that my choice was also unsuitable,,,,,,,,,, but after a few well chosen words from my tiny mouth, he seemed to forget about it - & the shirt & tie (along with the tight trousers & winkle-pickers) stayed,,,, & was a bit of a 'trade mark' of mine.

cheers

[Hi Bazza,just got your email,yes i am there on the first row, i hope someone out there remembers us,it seems so long ago,come on then which one are you?give us a clue ,my memory is not that fab anymore.

name='BAZZER' date='Nov 1 2008, 05:33 PM' post='55918]

Justin Case anyone is interested, here is a school class photo from about 62/3.

I know at least one forumite on there (s'not my job to point her out),,,,, any more ?

School-Gedling-1962or3.jpg

How can I guess which is her?? I aint gorra clue what she looks like now!!!

As for you, middle row 4th left???

How can I guess which is her?? I aint gorra clue what she looks like now!!!

As for you, middle row 4th left???

She'l let us know when she's ready !

As for me - nah,,,, that's another Keith,,,, so far two Keiths & a Peter - no Baz.

Hi everyone,ooooh yes i am there, front row 4th from the left,come on bazz be fair which one are you .i think we all look quite well behaved ooooooh dear our poor old teachers had there jobs cut out,i spent many times waiting outside ( Mauds) office, nothing to serious just bieng a teenager, i was an uncontrollable giggler,it got me into loads of trouble.i blame the others for making me laugh (honestly).

She'l let us know when she's ready !

As for me - nah,,,, that's another Keith,,,, so far two Keiths & a Peter - no Baz.

I spent many times waiting outside ( Mauds) office, nothing to serious just bieng a teenager, i was an uncontrollable giggler,it got me into loads of trouble.i blame the others for making me laugh (honestly).

wow - that takes me back,,,, forgot all about Maud. Dave & I were sent to her office one day (one day ?,,,, most days),,,,

When we went in, we just stood in front of her desk & giggled all the way through break time,,,,,,, every time we almost stopped, we'd look at each other,,,,, & off we'd go again. When the bell went for 'break over' she just sent us back to our class !

Well Carni,,,,,,, it looks like there is no-one else from that class on the forum (or don't want to be known ?!?!)

Me ? First Left on back row. Thought the black shirt/white tie would be a clue. The head was livid when I turned up in them,,,,

cheers all

I know that face Carni (I'm from Carlton ,)

Typical nonconformist Bazzer, .........LOL (Where has all that hair gone ???)

,,,, don't forget that i've probably aged about 25 years since that was taken,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

strangely enough,,,, when I got my lambretta & cut the long fringe off (me,,, not the scooter !),,,, it never grew again,,,,,, I vowed then - that whilst I have any hair - never to have another scooter !

BAZ

[[[any more forumites from that piccy on here ?????]]]

• 1 month later...

Hello Beefsteak,sorry i have not been on Nottstalga for a while,We used to go to a youth club at Cavendish school and Standhill road school around 1962\3 and most of the time at the youth club that was opposite the Ritz picture house,or the one down Netherfield,but i can't remember the street it was on.None of us had any dosh so we just hung around the streets or cafes,one particuler cafe just up the road from the Regal cinema,that was a good meeting place,we used to make a cocacola last two hours.My best friends parents kept a pub on high st Arnold in about 1962 it was The Labour club so we got to know a lot of Arnold teenagers,especially at the conservative club. further down the road,I forget names and places as i left Notts in 1966.

quote name='Beefsteak' date='Nov 17 2008, 09:24 PM' post='56885']

I know that face Carni (I'm from Carlton ,)

• 3 years later...

Justin Case anyone is interested, here is a school class photo from about 62/3.

I know at least one forumite on there (s'not my job to point her out),,,,, any more ?

School-Gedling-1962or3.jpg

Would have liked to see this picture I was at this school 1960-65

CARNI YOUTH CLUB AT NETHO DUNSTAN ST I USES TO GO THEN TOO I ORRIGANALLY LIVED IN NETHERFIELD AND THEN CARLTON BEFORE I GOT MARRIED MY FAMILY WERE BIG FRIENDS WITH NEV BATTETTS WHO HELPRUN YOUTH CLUBS FAMILY A FEW OTHER NAMES THAT YOU MAY REMMEMBER FROM THEN LEW DUNWORTH STAN ALISON CHUCK FOWLER NEVES PARTNER JEANIE.

I TOO WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT PHOTO ALTHOUGH I WENT TO CARLTON GIRLS SCHOOL I KNEW A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO WENT TO GEDLING SCHOOL. MY DAD WORKED AT GEDLING PIT AND HAD LOTS OF FRIENDS WHO LIVED UP THERE PLUSS WE USED TO SPEND MANY A SUMMERSATURDAY NIGHT IN THE GARDENS AT CHESTERFIELD ARMSSO MET A LOT OF KIDS FROM UP GEDLING THEN.

YOUTH CLUB BURTON RD GAY CAFE JUST DOWN FROM THE RITZ AND THE CHIPPY TWO OF THE GIRLS FROM OUR SCHOOL LIVED THERE AND IT WAS THERE PARENTS WHO RAN THE SHOP WE ALWAYS GOT A FEW EXTRA CHIPS WHEN SUE WAS SERVING AND BATTER BITS OFCOURSE.