Nottingham Street Preachers

I suppose you still get them but do you remember the ones who used to stand in Listergate ? My Nottingham days were 1975-1986.I think one of them used to work on the cheese counter in Burtons grocers "inside" the council house.Usually,the only people listening to them would be fellow preachers who were "on next." My word though,could they talk ?! Don't think I could talk on ANY subject for as long as they could !

I recall as a young boy standing in the 'OLD' Market Square and listening to the many people who would get up on the walls and talk about anything at all. Very entertaining, thats what democracy is all about, being able to talk freely about almost anything, something which I fear we are losing with the OTT PC Brigade!

What will happen when a Muslim extremist occupies the Corner, advocating jihad and the carrying of knives by his brethren?

Cheers

Robt P.

Probably nothing,Rob.However,should a Christian speaker start preaching strong views they would probably be arrested !!