Nottingham Forest Glory Years - late 1970's

I know /knew that lad quite well!! He was one of the Forest 'Green jackets' the infamous hoodlums of the Trent End

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

U-Reeeddddddssss  

It’s rather sobering to look at that gang of middle-aged/old men, mostly podgy with sparse grey hair.  I knew a few of them when they were young fit footballers knocking about town and frequenting the

40 years ago this week the mass exodus as begun  ....... T' Munich   

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For my two thousandth post !!

A bit of footage I transferred from video shot from the 1st floor window of the Gregory Hotel Radford Boulevard i think it would have been after the 1990 Littlewoods Cup Final win ? Brian Clough would have been on that bus , but i could not spot him ? Anyone else ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The Championship was clinched by the 0-0 draw at Coventry...perhaps best remembered for the Shilton wonder-save from a close in Ferguson volley.

In 55 years of following the game I have never ever seen a better 'keeper than Shilton...Banks & Co included.

The only goalie that came remotely close would be Harry Gregg of Man U, or possibly Dino Zoff.

Shilton won a record 125 England caps, but should have had 50 more because idiot Greenwood rotated him with the vastly inferior Clemence.

Cheers

Robt P.

Agreed, Shilton was the best ever goalie. That save against Coventry was out of this world. His consistency was amazing. Cloughie once said he was worth 18 points a season.

• 1 year later...

Question for you Forest Fans

In the 70s what was the only cup that Forest did not win?

Answer on a post card please naah just post it

There's at least two...............The FA cup , The UEFA Cup, the Anglo Scottish Cup (Or did they ?) The Anglo Italian Cup and I don't recall them winning the Fairs cup either

That's why the massive florist fan that I am put the or did they ? after my comment , I had an inkling they had!

But I stand by my guns and state they never won the UEFA cup (Super Cup maybe but not the Uefa Cup)

Oh come on, you know what the thread police are like on here if someone were to mention something that might veer slightly off topic, like the brilliance of Notts County's fantastic win (Not forgetting their runners up spot the year before and the fact that Notts went to Wembly Stadium 5 times in 5 years too) !........................... slywink

PSSSST I can't shout too loud re the Cricket at the moment as England are struggling to break down the stubborn Sri Lankans

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just catching up as I was away last week. A sad loss. He was a good keeper.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It’s rather sobering to look at that gang of middle-aged/old men, mostly podgy with sparse grey hair.  I knew a few of them when they were young fit footballers knocking about town and frequenting the clubs in the first half of the 70s.  I remember chatting to a very young and painfully shy Martin O’Neill who’d just arrived from Ireland.   It’s easy to get depressed at the thought of getting old, thank goodness I’ve got friends who still enjoy a good night out, like we had down the Brit last Friday night  smile2

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Forest Glory Years - late 1970's