Ainsley Estate

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to Nottstalgia, Happy Jack. I hope that your posts are going to be as good as your last two. I had to smile when I saw your name because it brought back memories of when I had lots of foster k

For me, the 'Ainsley Estate' thread sums up what Nottstalgia is all about and what a great site it is. On the 3rd November 2008, riff, who lived on the Ainsley Estate until 1994, asked if anybody had

Hi Radford Boy..I lived at 63 Vale Crescent South from 1961 to 70...Ann Crowley and her sister lived next door to me and John Dudley lived next door but one..knew Russ as well..he was in the police fo

I lived on the est from 51 to 73. Leslie Camm moved out around 55 and I the Brodells moved in (Phil(Pip),Jeff and Chris) not sure whether the Bentleys lived next door. Knew many of the names mentioned in earlier replies.

I lived opposite Pat Crowley who lived two doors up from Lesley Camm. I was at 44 Vale Crescent South. Left in 1964.

Hi Fifties Boy,

Not sure about the number. Pat lived next door to John Dudley. A couple of doors up was Chris Morley and next door to him was the Scales Family.

I also remember Gloria Morley. A group of about 6 or 8 of us used to meet most nights outside the Co-op (across the road from the Off-License).

I remember playing on the waste ground on Western Boulevard before anything was built there.

My cousin, Paul Brooks lived at 82 Southfield Drive, right next to the triangular playing field. Had may a game of cricket there in those long summer evenings.

What a great time the 50s and 60s were.

Hi Radford Boy

Spent many hours as you did on the Robert Shaw playing fields cricket, football, rugby and sliding on the ice when the fields flooded one year. Knew Ray Pugsley, Roland Scales, Mick Mellors, Roy Leivers, Aubrey Moult. Mate of mine, John Berry, used to live on Southfield Road most of us went to RS School. As you say the Co-Op used to be a gathering place for many as did the chippy on Ainsley Road. The waste ground eventually went when they built the swimming baths.

• 2 months later...

NEW to this we are the wagstaffs we lived at 56 vale crescent south nigel peter robin Hi iam nigel the oldest I live in nerja Malaga spain for the last 5 years both my brothers are on the radio or on the admin side of things any body remember us just waiting fir ny I believe in miricels dvd from amazon to arrive on the 18th

Hi Nigel, I remeber you. I lived at 44 Vale Crescent South but left in 1964. I seem to recall you had a cousin called Dianne. She used to hang around with Pat Crowley and Sandra Talbot.

Welcome to you.

Yes I have a cousin called Dianne but not been in touch for ages my brother pete tried to locate her but failed thanks for the welcome giga and Radford boy cloudy here today but sun promised not cold no heating on yet I remember playing football on the pitch for hours and newting in the ponds adjacent the railway lines

Wow, that brings back memories nigewaggy. I also remeber catching newts and stickelbacks in the creek up by New Bridge and also in the ponds at the playing field.

24 degrees promised today in here in Melbourne but fairly cloudy.

Welcome nigewaggy you lucky man,you live in my 2nd fav. place on earth,.......i visit Nerja as much as i can,keep posting.

Morning all I remember the shops on the estate when I was young there was a butchers a great fish and chip shop a grocers and a shop that sold all sorts plus the beer off the co-op paper shop and an all sorts shop I lived in west bridgeford ruddington then before I moved to spain in aston on trent in south derbyshire for 25years me and my wife have 2 daughters and 4 grand kids we are back to derby for xmas

• 2 months later...

Hi Nigewaggy I remember you, yes the shops were a great gathering place, a friend of mine Leonard used to live at the grocers, but having looked on google earth street view it would appear all the shops on Ainsley Road have gone, the co-op is no more neither is Mr Wilsons off licence.