Ainsley Estate

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to Nottstalgia, Happy Jack. I hope that your posts are going to be as good as your last two. I had to smile when I saw your name because it brought back memories of when I had lots of foster k

For me, the 'Ainsley Estate' thread sums up what Nottstalgia is all about and what a great site it is. On the 3rd November 2008, riff, who lived on the Ainsley Estate until 1994, asked if anybody had

Hi Radford Boy..I lived at 63 Vale Crescent South from 1961 to 70...Ann Crowley and her sister lived next door to me and John Dudley lived next door but one..knew Russ as well..he was in the police fo

• 1 month later...

I was born on Ainsley Estate in 1950, went to Robert Shaw, Peoples College Secondary Technical School and when that closed down to Sea School then to sea at age 16 coming back to the estate when on leave. 

I came across this site and read the postings and recognized a lot of names.

I can answer at least one of the questions. The bonfire at New Bridge did not just appear it was made of trees cut down fromTadpole Lane and Bluebell Woods, towed back along Beachdale Road tied to the back of a bike, along with card board boxes taken at night from the back of the CO-OP. The boys in charge would then build it, making a den in the middle. 

All good clean fun and in the scheme of things relatively legal.

• Upvote 1

Did the Falconbridge boy mentioned some time ago have a scar on his forehead? He was reputed to have climbed over the railings on to the mainline, and was hit by a Jubilee locomotive. Zanzibar I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember doing tadpole lane plus the railway signal  box  down to skills buses  the good old days    in barbados now for 3 weeks  as its non stop rain in spain  the wettest winter in years

23 hours ago, nigewaggy said:

Remember doing tadpole lane plus the railway signal  box  down to skills buses  the good old days    in barbados now for 3 weeks  as its non stop rain in spain  the wettest winter in years

Yes and scrumping from the allotments 

• 1 year later...

Well not many hits on here for a long while   just messing on the computer thought I would have a ganda   we are still in spain   8 years this march  get back to derby to see the kids  at least once a year  but flights get so  dear in price    off to zante in may  with all the family   if things   have settled down what with Brexit  and now  this corona thing   taken out insurance just in case  suppose  we are all getting older now guys I will be 70 this september if spared   my wife the same  next January    any way  remember the good old days   have a nice  year   best regards to all    nigel and  sue  Wagstaff