Ainsley Estate

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to Nottstalgia, Happy Jack. I hope that your posts are going to be as good as your last two. I had to smile when I saw your name because it brought back memories of when I had lots of foster k

For me, the 'Ainsley Estate' thread sums up what Nottstalgia is all about and what a great site it is. On the 3rd November 2008, riff, who lived on the Ainsley Estate until 1994, asked if anybody had

Hi Radford Boy..I lived at 63 Vale Crescent South from 1961 to 70...Ann Crowley and her sister lived next door to me and John Dudley lived next door but one..knew Russ as well..he was in the police fo

• 3 months later...

josie jane and myself are still living in nottm,l moved back here 8 years ago after retiring from the police,it was great reading about the estate,some of the things l remember ....the 4 shops on ainsley road kirkes the butchers, the chippy, then the spar and the fruit and veg shop,playing hide and seek behind the shops, hedge hopping,ghost tapping,seeing who could walk all the way around the coop wall with falling off,walking to players sports ground and climbing between the bars so we didint have to walk all the round,l remember setting fire to the grass bank by the side of western blvd by accident,kevin paul roland and elaine scales john dudley he had a sister but l cant remember her name, steven beeching playing football between the shops in the garage area between ainsley rd and vcs

John Dudleys sister is Linda - she is now my wife (been married 40 years)

Does anyone remember the Dale family who lived in the house to the right of the enterance to Robert Shaw's playing field?

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 1/11/2011 at 7:01 AM, Radford Boy said:

Hi, I seem to recall that the guy who lived across the road was an apprentice plumber. Is that you? Trish and Joan Barks lived on the other side of you and Lesley Camm lived next door to them.

Hi John Dudley here  I think I remember you  If i.m right Radford boy  you are les Newbury I remember you emigrating to Australia with your parents

On 7/28/2016 at 4:24 PM, DaveK said:

John Dudleys sister is Linda - she is now my wife (been married 40 years)

John Dudley is my husband and when you set fire to that bank he was at his grans on Faraday rd.  Hello Russell. Heard Police force John joined the prison service  and retired  14yrs ago.  Hope your all x

Welcome Kathleen.

It's always interesting to see if there's any reaction when someone replies to old posts. Radford Boy"s was made nearly 7 years ago but he still looks at the site frequently so hopefully you'll get a reply. DaveK hasn't been here for a few months so you might not be so lucky.

Hi John Dudley.

You are correct. I am indeed the Les Newberry who emigrated to Australia in 1964.

I married an Australian girl and have three children and now five grandchildren.

Prior to retiring in 2012 I was the product manager for Australia and New Zealand for a range of Samsung products.

I was back in the UK only four months ago catching up with my cousin, Paul Brooks.

Paul used to live at 82 Southfield Road, right next to the gates to the playing field.

6 hours ago, Radford Boy said:

Hi John Dudley.

You are correct. I am indeed the Les Newberry who emigrated to Australia in 1964.

I married an Australian girl and have three children and now five grandchildren.

Prior to retiring in 2012 I was the product manager for Australia and New Zealand for a range of Samsung products.

I was back in the UK only four months ago catching up with my cousin, Paul Brooks.

Paul used to live at 82 Southfield Road, right next to the gates to the playing field.

Thanks for replie remember your cousin we were at Peveril together remember him being a very big lad  who could run.  I joined the prison service   retired from that in 2003    I brought a people carrier and did some private hire  for a few yrs now fully retired an we live in Lincolnshire  In also married with two grown up sons and five grandchildren  

• 1 month later...
On 28/07/2016 at 4:39 PM, FLY2 said:

Does anyone remember the Dale family who lived in the house to the right of the enterance to Robert Shaw's playing field?

I remember Lindsey Dale who lived there..think she had a brother who's name was also Lindsey but spelt differently maybe Lynsey or could have been the other way round.

Her brother was Tim Dale who went to FFGS.

On 11/11/2015 at 7:33 AM, nigewaggy said:

NEW to this we are the wagstaffs we lived at 56 vale crescent south nigel peter robin Hi iam nigel the oldest I live in nerja Malaga spain for the last 5 years both my brothers are on the radio or on the admin side of things any body remember us just waiting fir ny I believe in miricels dvd from amazon to arrive on the 18th

Hi Nigel...I remember you..used to go to Forest games with you and your old man..sometimes your Pete would come too...last time I remember seeing you was at Villa Park when Forest were away..must have been late 70's..hope you are keeping well mate.

Tims wife was called Lindsay, which could have been confusing. Lindsay Cohen from Aspley.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete C.

Are you Pete the Plumber?

I think a family called the Barks used to live on the other side of you. They had two daughters, Patricia and Joan. Any one know what became of them?

I was across the road at number 44.

Hi Radford Boy...no I wasnt a plumber but the lad next door was..Tony Bentley...he had younger brother and sister Michael and Susan..think you moved out not long after we moved in..I remember the Brodells...the Crowleys who lived next door..the Scales..Palethorpes..Wagstaffs...Talbots..Morleys..Blatherwickes..Pates..Jansons..Dudleys.

Hi Pete C. Sorry, the memories starting to fade a bit. (The joys of getting old). We left in December 1964. I do remember Pat Crowley, Paul Scales, Russel Palethorpe, Nigel Wagstaff,

Sandra Talbot, Chris Morley, The Blatherwickes, and John Dudley. I have photos somewhere of most of these people. Must see if I can find them.

Pat Crowley and her sister Ann lived next door to us...think we moved in to number 63 in 1960/61 so would have been there when you were..I had an older sister Sylvia who was best friends with Sandra Talbot...also had a younger brother Andy...I left school in July 1964...would love to see any photos you have.

Hi Jackson,

A girl that lived opposite me on Vale Crescent South worked at the library in the 60s. Her name was Joan Barks.

Wondering if you knew her and where she is now.