Need to borrow a welder

Has any one got a stick welder I can borrow for a day? will pay deposit etc if required OR anyone fancy welding my silencer in situ on van ? I bought brand new correct rear box for my rascal BUT before I bought van someone had fitted a different cat converter and rear box! so new one does not fit!!!! madashell needs bigger "stub" welding to pipe

I would happily lend you my MIG welder - but it won't work on 240 and the shipping would be too expensive!

Ayup Ashley,

Where abouts are you? I have a stick welder with cooling fan and plenty of 2.5mm rods

pm me if you want

Rog

Don't work very well on any votage judging by the crap that comes out of Detroit

A little uncalled for, don't you think - especially since two of the four cars I own came from England - and the welder works well enough to put them back together!

The welder is a Clarke - made in Italy!

Ashley if you can't take a joke you're in the wrong forums. Try something more difficult , like , say , the teletubbies homepage

Ashley if you can't take a joke you're in the wrong forums. Try something more difficult , like , say , the teletubbies homepage

More difficult? are you saying my superior intelligence is deserving of more challenging tasks? And as regards the teletubbies (Po is my favourite) well I've moved on to The Night Garden,

If you want any help or advice re welding let me know (low fee's) welding.jpg

It must be the fumes!

Hi Ashley

I've got an Oxford 140Amp oil filled set you are welcome to borrow, or, if it's more convenient, an oxy/act porta pak.

Where abouts are you situated?

Thanks to Frank and Plantfit for offers, and sorry to Limey re sharp remarks, you caught me at bad time! Had replaced rear box on the van and had a struggle, was proper part but did not fit so had to shorten entry pipe, when the impersonation of a Fordson Tractor came back I assumed leaking at the dodgy joint so would weld it, hence request, On closer examination (laying on wet road under van, hence bad mood) found front pipe before the cat now in holes :angry: worse was to follow when told copy part not made and would have to get factory part from Japan!!! :crazy: Now it gets real silly, (but eventually better £££ wise) my 1998 van has a pre 93 different front pipe and cat fitted by garage before I was owner (I have reciept for£220 in 2005) so after all this messing around, phone calls to every exhaust supplier in uk etc (well not really) found I could have gone to The Valve Shop and got part for £14! The saga continues! next episode The mysteries of the Mikuni side draft carb with semi auto choke!

• 8 years later...

You come up with some weird and wonderful facts radfordrat. They must have been the most inane and infantile characters ever shown on tv. The result of so over educated nerd on recreational drugs ! 

• Upvote 1