Children in Need

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In answer to post 50......I not only believe " babies for cash " situation is a career choice for many, but I know it to be true......Ask many young girls what they want to do after school and they wi

Pudsey the one eyed bear, I'd poke his other bloody eye out if I had my way, what a bloody embarassment, It's just another excuse for the so called do gooders, the likes of Bob (look how good I am) Ge

I have worked in some of the most deprived inner city schools in the Uk..........I now work unpaid with some of the most vulnerable in our society....there needs to be a welfare system to help those w

Posted Images

I'm not getting into a debate about Careers Advice in this thread. I'm working through that in the 'Jobs' thread. I'm also not going to defend the indefensible, or challenge people's individual recollections.

I'll just say two things.

1. There is a world of difference between a 'Careers Teacher/Master', and a properly qualified Careers Adviser.

2. We all like to ascribe our failures to others and our successes to ourselves.

Col

• Upvote 1

Back on topic.

Article debunking the myth that welfare encourages idleness. Worth a read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/21/business/the-myth-of-welfares-corrupting-influence-on-the-poor.html?_r=1

Col

• Upvote 1

Old Wogan never did me any harm. Hope he's OK.

@ Hippo Girl. No, I've not read that. I'll seek it out.

Col

From what I can gather, Wogan never even realised he had been getting an honorarium and as soon as he did, he refused it so hasn't taken it for 5 or 6 years anyway. The way celebrities money is handled I can well believe he didn't know. They don't do their own accounts do they.

I sincerely hope he gets better. He's one of the few people who makes me laugh.

I was thinking more of a drone as in droning on,mind you they make a droning sound when they are going, have you ever listened to his radio program?

Rog

• Upvote 1

That's a typical BBC trick Mick.

• 1 year later...

I seem to have missed last nights "Children in Need" well done for begging 46 million, maybe we could have a show for Buckingham Palace & try & raise this £369 million for repairs, instead of giving it to them on a plate ....... just a thought?

They could oust all the freeloaders from Kensington Palace, Her Maj and Phil could move there for their remaining years. Then they could save the £369m for repairs, sell Buck House to developers as it must surely be a hovel, then give probably over a £billion raised to the deserving.

Seems disgraceful to me that this annual begging fest is still alive & well after all there should not be any children in need in this country, poor undeveloped war torn countries yes, but the UK ? that is disgraceful to say there are children in need.

Don't we already have the NSPCC  ?

• Upvote 3