Ikeabrook!!

ha Ha....like it....Mind you its true....But do you have arrows on yer carpets to tell you which way to go round yer house ????

Vespa...Nice one....bit o syle eh.

Hi and thanks fer the welcome....our street is about as wide as your scooter.

Hi ya Firbeck....YES that is me in the picture.....the Banjo is tuned to open 'c'......thas....gDGBD.....seems to be the best fer playing most things.....Nick as many 'tabs' off the net as you can and just keep tryin.....eventually itll sound S**t hot.

So if you went to Mellish did you know Dave Rodgers (or his elder brother Tim)? If I remember rightly they lived in Sunnyside Road. Another friend at the time from Mellish was Colin Draper , also from the Chilwell area - you would remember him I think? My guess is they were two years older than you maybe?

Hi ya Firbeck....YES that is me in the picture.....the Banjo is tuned to open 'c'......thas....gDGBD.....seems to be the best fer playing most things.....Nick as many 'tabs' off the net as you can and just keep tryin.....eventually itll sound S**t hot.

Thanks matey, I'll try that one, I have been consulting the Net, but it's always best to talk to someone who's had a bash for themselves. I enjoy experimenting with open tunings on my guitars, my missus is a classical stick in the wood and it drives her mad, mind you, it takes for ever and a day to open tune a 12 string, sounds amazing, but a real pain to get it back together again.

What sort of banjo have you got, mines an Ozark, I'm not sure how that rates in the world of banjos but it ain't bad.

Are you into blue grass then, we love it, always have done, we managed to get to see Allison Kraus and Union Station a couple of years ago, of all the bands I've seen over many years, including Zep, Floyd and the Stones, they were something else, Jerry Douglas is just beyond belief, I don't reckon that anyone in the world can touch him, what do you think.

So if you went to Mellish did you know Dave Rodgers (or his elder brother Tim)? If I remember rightly they lived in Sunnyside Road. Another friend at the time from Mellish was Colin Draper , also from the Chilwell area - you would remember him I think? My guess is they were two years older than you maybe?

I dont remember Dave or Tim But the name Colin Draper rings a bell....Maybe they knew my brothers...I had 5 of em...3 older

• 2 weeks later...

Your views wanted on brewery site

01 December 2008

By Sarah Bould

People are being asked for their views on the future of a former brewery site.

Greene King, the former Hardy Hanson Kimberley Brewery Site was set to be sold this year but the sale fell through at the last minute.

Broxtowe MP Nick Palmer and Labour Borough Cllr for Kimberley and Cossall, Richard Robinson want peoples views ADVERTISEMENTon the future of the site.

Cllr Robinson said: "Nick and I have stressed to Broxtowe Borough Council Planners, Greene King and other bodies the importance of securing a balanced development for the site, with a suitable mixture of affordable houses, opportunities for small local business to thrive, whilst at the same time promoting local opportunities for community initiatives has been discussed.

"It's clear that after no sale after 18 months, and with parts of the building are deteriorating, combined with national and global affects of the credit crunch and slump in property prices, the outlook at this moment in time, looks far from clear, breeding much uncertainty not only for the future of the site, but most important of all for the residents in the brewery houses.

The building became a grade two listed building after pressure from local group Save Our Brewery Site group, with support from Nick and Liz Blackman MP.

Cllr Robinson and Palmer want to know want to hear from people about how much importance they place on the preservation of building and what boundaries should be set for any developer who would be prepared to purchase the site.

People who want their say should email their responses to 'priorities for Greene King 2009 Kimberley site' to both richard.robinson@broxtowe.gov.uk or NickMP1@aol.com.

""This has just been published in our local paper""

• 7 years later...