Welcome Fynger. My mother in law used to live on Newdigate Rd, between Kimberley and Watnall, so she used to shop in Kimberley. Has it changed much apart from the brewery going?

Welcome Fynger. My mother in law used to live on Newdigate Rd, between Kimberley and Watnall, so she used to shop in Kimberley. Has it changed much apart from the brewery going?

Hi ya .....hard to say really...Only moved here jan this year from Ilkeston....you say your mother in law used to 'shop' in Kimberley....she was very clever then as there are very little shops now...just Sainsbury's and a few in the precinct..( tho we are getting a new wilkinson opening soon - woooo )...depending on when your mother in law shopped here she may not know about the 'cloverlands estate up newdigate rd past the school....the brewery is still here ...well the building is and it is a big concern in this area as to weither or not the buildings will stay....folk want them too but they'll soon be too wrecked to justify staying....Main steet is almost derelect now with very few shops on it...all the pubs are still here tho mostly empty ( all with 'forsale' signs on them ) Rarely can you go up main street and see many people.....it now seems to be just a short cut to nottingham...so traffic is busy.

......Kev. ( thanks for the welcome )

Ayup Kev and welcome along

Just do us a favour and stop quoting the previous post ta

to post a reply simply click fastreply at the bottom

Hiya Kev…no mate I moved some sixteen months ago now to the out backs of Sawley next-to-Trent, just a stones throw away from Sawley Marina.

I’m hoping the Trent don’t flood because if it does there will be barges going up and down the main road.

Ingham nook you say?

On the odd occasion I use to go in the pub over there, I believe its been renamed forget now what it was called before the rename…..was it The Ingham Nook?

Double top was another local, the nearest for me, but I preferred the two at the bottom of skool lane…Charlton and Cadland.

Bip.

Remember all those pubs well...seems the 'Nook' is now called - The Sporting Chance at the Inham Nook - warra gob full eh....ooo the hell thought that one up

Have a freind down near the marina in sawley just off haddon way

Fynger, my m-i-l lived at number 73, as you came from the Watnall end, it was on the right just before the bridge. I do believe the school is on the left just after the bridge on the Kimberley side? She left there 22 yrs ago, but I'm sure she shopped at the Co-op. I remember Sainsburys coming while she still lived there. The rest of the main street was little shops. I think Cloverlands was behind her back garden?

Hi katyjay

....She wouldnt like to shop at the co-op now...before it was a co-op it was a church...Now its known as the worst nightclub for miles..called Dillingers.

...Yeah....cloverlands estate would have been in her back garden...and its huge now.

Val could you do me a favour meduk?

Would you take a walk onto the park where they play football and have a look on one of those bench's that backs onto the allotments because several weeks ago I was on there exercising Diezel and I took my special baseball cap off so as I could take to a lady, when I got up to go I left it behind…dam!!

You can’t mistake it for any other, its dark blue with Oakhams over the peak; I bought it over the Internet from the brewery shop.

Bip.

Hi Bip

Going across there tomorrow to my mum's so will check, don't hold out much hope, it may have taken home by somebody's dog as a souvenir.My other half says I can't go now cause its dark and somebody might molest me!!!

Val

Fynger

Is that really you on your insert photo, if so, please could you tell me what tuning that you have on your banjo as I'm finding it a minefield in working out the best tuning on mine in order to sort it out, a wonderful instrument I can plunk along with, but I'd like to get more profficient, what do you reccomend.