Scriv

Nottingham Hauliers

Bloody awful things and this one looks like the center bearing on the prop shaft has collapsed.

Quickest way outta Bulwell?..no- not through a pub door but in a Marshalls wagon. An education in itself living across from their yard.6f5630d703e6b045ea00f19a21924d82.pngAnyone remember this crowd?..based on Glaisdale Drive?..

• Like 1

Seen their wagons parked up on Glaisdale, but I thought Scotland. Dundee maybe.

Edited Thinking back. It was George Allinsons of Darlington I saw on Glaisedale. Mid 60's.

Cheers Mick..been gozzing at old Hensons wagons..there really are some great haulage sites crammed with photos and stories..and the odd row.6b8e57d558b98546b1c39e5962f8ac9d.jpg

• Like 1

Thinking of all the ones i loaded back in the day.

Clearways, Dominics, Jewitts, Stirlands, Wests, Bfi, Smiths of Eccles, Roadline, Marshalls, Railfreight, Hensons, many small van crowds as well..white arrow..they gone?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Thinking of all the ones i loaded back in the day.

Clearways, Dominics, Jewitts, Stirlands, Wests, Bfi, Smiths of Eccles, Roadline, Marshalls, Railfreight, Hensons, many small van crowds as well..white arrow..they gone?

West's are still going, they do a lot for boots.

There is not really a big haulier left in Nottingham, this is probably due to the lack of work from, all of the old big companies.

• Like 1

'86 or' 87 Wests got the contract at Boots to shunt boxes between all the w/houses. Big money..i did some shifts in movement control..D.42 i think..what great lads..flatten you if you said 'owt wrong..i cranked the brake with my bodyweight one day on a 40ft...Catweazle chased me with a starting handle..that would've stopped me!

• Like 1

BRS  Parcels , or K & M Hauliers ?

Yep, too dark a green for BRS I reckon.

Got to agree with that Ian, use them alot for my stuff. Mind you, the wagons have come on a bit.

• Like 1