Scriv

Nottingham Hauliers

Marshall Leyland unit and box on the road..seem to recall they had DAF's near the end?17917523-607688966097141-838111599118599

• Like 1

Didn't keep them spanking though like Stirlands..the boss must have been in the Army..gaffer came on the ashes when i was yard man at Island st.

Starts tossing fag packets and wrappers out the shunters ERF!

Anyone remember Andrews haulage I believe it was the firm that Clearways took over from when they were on triumph road meeowed

• Like 2

Were they up Glaisdale as well  Meeowed?

18121188-614273125438725-371211460843181CTV 849L.nice Scammell..trying to recall if anyone else recalls Mac in the yard ..had a weird 3 wheeler tractor unit for shifting  trailer boxes around the compound.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 10:18 PM, IAN123. said:

Didn't keep them spanking though like Stirlands..the boss must have been in the Army..gaffer came on the ashes when i was yard man at Island st.

Starts tossing fag packets and wrappers out the shunters ERF!

Jack Stirland was alleged to be fanatical about his lorries going out of the yard spotless.

• Like 1

I dont know where Andrews were running out of I only saw one trailer with Andrews on the side that was when I joined Clearways at the old BRS depot on Triumph road Frank also bought some Leyland road trains for the Boots contract He was in competition with Wests for it a penny cheaper in those days and you got the contract They say old man Andrews was a good boss to work for I started on an old P reg leyland with air operated clutch if you left it in gear at the traffic lights it would lose the air and take off wether you wanted to or not I remember a chap from norfolk on the dock he used to talk like the singing postman Heh yer gorra loit boy meeowed

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 11:13 PM, meeowed said:

Anyone remember Andrews haulage I believe it was the firm that Clearways took over from when they were on triumph road meeowed

Their yard was off Wilford Road I believe, a bus diver mate left there to come back n the buses.

W.E. Andews. Ltd  !

• Like 2

Trying to recall what Boots Depots Clearways did. Plymouth and Spennymoor maybe?

• Like 2

they used to pick up a trailer at canterbury it was a tight schedual because some ran out of hours at leicester forest and they wouldnt pay a night out you were told bring it in  They had the old british waterways wharehouse on wilford road we used to carry calor gas and heaters it was a marvellous wharehouse solid oak inside  meeowed

• Like 2

I saw an old photo of Thomas gray on palin street a motley looking crew indeed it was in some archive pictures meeowed

• Like 1

This could be the very one meeowed!58611-1-280-99999-unpad.jpgBit of an Odds & Sods outfit..ten gallon hat!

• Like 2

Nice Bedford.28208443793-fcbbcd5a0d-b.jpgif these S types were petrol..they must have drank some juice.

• Like 3

GAshley is saw a picture of skills bus in the nottingham history book i think it was travelling through Austria.The road it was on was surrounded by swastikas.

John A Stephens,still down the Meadows area, building supplies

J_A_Stephens_truck.jpg

Rog

Most of their wagons have got personalised plates now !

• Like 1

The Stephens are cousins....

• Like 1

Good set of drivers too, they used to come into the quarry I worked at, always friendly with well turned out lorries

Rog

22 hours ago, IAN123. said:

The rental depot down Lenton?7603511768-7fd976e13e-c.jpg

Castle Meadow Road. used to do a bit for them when I was with Mayday; bloke called Keith McEnallen was the manager.

• Like 1

Did like Volvos one time...7603509542-b9c24a0c50-c.jpgNever seemed to have enough grunt..decent workhorse though.