OK guys and girls and all you computer boffins out there in Nottstalgia land.

I want to down load pics to my computer ,normal method is as follows

Connect up USB lead to comp and camera

Switch on Camera

Scanner and Camera wizard window opens, giving me multi choice of how I want to download pics to computer.

Go ahead with choice and edit etc and the pics are in MY Pictures on the computer

But now when I connect up I get a blank box, where should be Scanner/ Camera Wizard. To download pics I have to remove memory card and plug direct into the computer. It's just a bind remembering to put the card back in the camera (I have had to buy another memory card to be on the safe side.)

I plug my old Kodak in and it works fine it just goes to the default setting for that camera, now the question is have little fingers set a default setting that is not compatible for my Canon ?? if so is there any way of going back to the original window setting ????

Help please.

Ta

PS I have tried different USB leads and access ports on the computer

When you connect the camera to the PC, open windows explorer and see if you can see the camera - it will be listed as an additional drive. If it is, you can just copy the files to the required location.

If not, could your firewall be blocking access to it? Worth checking.

In Windows click on Start > All Programs and then Accessories - Windows Explorer should be listed. When you open it, click on cross next to My Computer - it should display all the drives listed including your camera (if connected).

Done it.

Ta

But in the old downloader I could delete (Format) all the old pics once downloaded , any idea how I do that now ???

I can do it on the camera but is there any way to do it whilst on the computer??

The way i do it is instead of copying off the camera ...I hilight all of the pics on the camera then right click....and CUT....then PASTE them to the designated place on the computer then they automatically delete off the camera once copied over....that way my camera is empty and ready for use agen and i havent used up the batteries.