Thank you Michael, a nice compliment. A rarity these days.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The virus has curtailed our usual birthday celebrations Mum is a 103 today and we are normally in the north east for the racing, we have done this for nearly 20 years.  Her friends have made her day a

It seems that anyone politically slightly to the right of Stalin or Mao Zedong is a moron. Who knows, before long some folk may even start reading The Guardian and actually believe what's written.

I long admired and appreciated Martin's 'model' for his Weatherspoon's pubs. Somewhere to meet for a reasonably priced drink, without deafening music or other distractions.  Martin's political vi

What's the prices like red ?

Not a clue I usually pay before they tell me "how much" I always pay with a note & come home with a pocket full of change, you could charge me any price & give a handful of washes in my chance I've never looked! ...... but I do admire those that know the price of a pint in each pubs, I have mates that work out which pub will be there round? Baffles me :wacko:

• Upvote 3

When I'm out,I'm out..met a friend last year,she brought her fella..we met in the old church(p&p?). anyway he was chuntering all the time about the prices..twit here had paid!!

Eventually we left and went across to The Cross Keys..inside his Harrington.. he had a half bottle of coke from the previous boozer..then proceeded to hit the barmaid with a PURSE!!! of shrapnel ( not literally)

I drank up and left...people like that would live in your ear!!

• 2 weeks later...

That looks fine provided they don't charge the same rip-off prices as I found in the Sir John Borlase Warren last year.

I never mind paying my whack BUT hate being robbed blind either !

Pubs as we know them have gone, never to be the same.........They were built on every corner a century ago as the working class people did not have nice homes, the homes were for eating and sleeping and where the women lived with the kids, the pub is where the blokes went and relaxed with their mates after a hard days graft.......... Progress and Drink, driving laws have put paid to all that.............People now have nice homes and they can drink their wine and beer there whilst relaxing with their mates and the telly.............

• Upvote 3

That looks fine provided they don't charge the same rip-off prices as I found in the Sir John Borlase Warren last year.

As it's a Castle Rock group pub I'd very much doubt that would be the case.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two more for you it's all happening!

Last Chance Saloon on Stoney Street

Purecraft Bar and Kitchen in the former HSBC building in St Peter's Gate http://www.purecraftbars.com/nottingham/

Crikey I thought this pub game was dead ...... Dad get that bingo board out again .... five o five o Its off to work we go !

• 3 weeks later...