The Jubilee on Carlton Road (Now gone) was built in 1977. There's one at Colwick opposite side to the Rabbit Hutch Houses, that was built pretty recent.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The virus has curtailed our usual birthday celebrations Mum is a 103 today and we are normally in the north east for the racing, we have done this for nearly 20 years.  Her friends have made her day a

It seems that anyone politically slightly to the right of Stalin or Mao Zedong is a moron. Who knows, before long some folk may even start reading The Guardian and actually believe what's written.

I long admired and appreciated Martin's 'model' for his Weatherspoon's pubs. Somewhere to meet for a reasonably priced drink, without deafening music or other distractions.  Martin's political vi

Dunno about the Ponderosa, but I have been to Bonanza - it is in Utah, the site of the only commercially mine-able deposit of Gilsonite!

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=40.018938,-109.172645&spn=0.013968,0.043945&t=m&z=15&vpsrc=6

I reckon Den's suggestion of The Arrow in Arnold is a decent shout. Although built on the site of the original Arrow, it was a completely new pub from ground up. My guess would be is that it was built in around 1998.

Just asking the question as I don't know but isn't there a reasonably new pub at Castle Marina on the right just as you drive in from Castle Boulevard? (Not the Exchange/Baltimore).

EDIT: The Boathouse

Just asking the question as I don't know but isn't there a reasonably new pub at Castle Marina on the right just as you drive in from Castle Boulevard? (Not the Exchange/Baltimore).

I guess you are referring to "The Boathouse", which is on the right immediately after the Marina where all the boats are for sale. I know that place has been there since at least the late 90s.

(And the Baltimore/Exchange has changed its name again, and is now called the Water's Edge)

• 2 weeks later...

Not actually in Nottingham but not far away, the General Havelock in Ilkeston, once known as Finn McCouls and previously known as General havelock is re-opening this week, ready for Ilkeston fair. Drove past today and its name was being put over the door. think this was mentioned elsewhere on here with a link to This is Nottingham where they mentioned the discovery of an old tiled floor.

• 3 months later...

Weve seen Pubs closing down and Supermarkets taking over the buildings.

I was in Hucknall on Sunday, and I see the old Coop Supermarket at the end of

Watnall Road, has closed down and is now a Witherspoons.

Err... is that GK?

\snip\

Was shocked to see the Maid Marian pub in arnold is now just a mound of dirt & bricks!

NO! NO! NO! Not the Maid Marion, that's the end of life as I knew it - Druids and the Maid both gone. thumbsdown

• 3 months later...

Hmmm!...outside tables...very continental.Tony Blair would be proud to see that his open all hours 'Let's copy the French' is the answer to binge drinking......NOT.

One bit of good news for Mablethorpe (and that does'nt happen very often) The Eagle is re-opening.

That's great news, I can remember the Eagle way back in the early 60's, when me & younger sister would be left to play outside with the 'Bottle of Pop & Bag o' crisps' whilst Mam & Dad were inside. Not cruelty to kids at all in them days, family rooms were pretty much unknown, so it was better than being left in the caravan/bungalow or whatever we'd rented that year!!

I recall Elvis Presley's Wooden Heart played repeatedly on the 'Bel-Ami' in the bar, also a song called 'Baby Sittin' Boogie', don't recall who by, but may Google it later on.......... slywink