wasent the canadian air base at donna nook for a while

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The virus has curtailed our usual birthday celebrations Mum is a 103 today and we are normally in the north east for the racing, we have done this for nearly 20 years.  Her friends have made her day a

It seems that anyone politically slightly to the right of Stalin or Mao Zedong is a moron. Who knows, before long some folk may even start reading The Guardian and actually believe what's written.

I long admired and appreciated Martin's 'model' for his Weatherspoon's pubs. Somewhere to meet for a reasonably priced drink, without deafening music or other distractions.  Martin's political vi

I went past the Boulevard today, they have got builders in and large signs saying opening soon, as it has been closed for a few years I thought that it would never reopen. Possibly something to do with the Gregory shutting a few weeks ago.

yes crissy the started doing work on it a few months back then it came to a stand still for a bit but they started again about 2 weeks ago and looks like they will get on with it this time but i dread to think what the top floor looked like after all the years of open or broken windows and all the pidgeons that lived in it over them years must have been closed about 3 years. would not have liked to be the one to go in and clean it out.. but yes it is a nice building inside and out , hope they leave in some of the fetures..

The mill at Langley Mill has been closed for a few years now, whilst it was closed there was a fire that destroyed a lot of the roof, the roof has been replaced and has been empty since, I would imagine that there is a lot of damage inside.

The mill at Langley Mill has been closed for a few years now, whilst it was closed there was a fire that destroyed a lot of the roof, the roof has been replaced and has been empty since, I would imagine that there is a lot of damage inside.

The Old Pack Horse(ex Hardy Hansons/Green King) in Loughborough has been bought by The Blue Monkey Brewery & is due to re-open some time later this month as "The Organ Grinder"

Does that mean Blue Monkey call all of their pubs "The Organ Grinder"? That must get a bit confusing.

http://www.bluemonke...e-organ-grinder

Not as long as it is only one in each town.

There are lots of Red Lions or Coach & Horses in differant places

Don't forget there was two Town Arms in Nottingham the 60s?

In 1860 there were two Bells, two Blue Bells,two Crown & Anchors,two George & Dragons,two Golden Fleeces,two Horse & Grooms,

I could go on

Don't forget this was in 1860 before the town boundries were changed.

there were15 pubs on Long Row alone.

never had a problem getting served in any pub till after i was 18 then asked loads of times including after i had my children.sometimes had to take my birth certificate and marrage certificate out in my bag

• 2 months later...

The Organ Grinder Loughborough will be opening on Friday at 12 noon.

Was given a guided tour this morning by the landlord.

Inside of pub very tastefully done & well worth a visit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the horse & jockey church street stapleford refurbished & reopen real ale traditional cider mild stouts porters camra discount real fire free wifi dog friendly gaffa in charge Gilly (turftavern johnos queenadelaide pint&poppy) so your sure to get a good pint.

That looks interesting Stu! Have you tried it?

No, not as yet, Eric. Before they opened I heard stories of their prices being very high but looking at it, some their beers are in line with other city pricing.

Brewdog are a small chain who got a name for slightly aggressive marketing techniques. Don't know else about them. Looks a nice building though with some interesting beers.

Well, it is clear you have an assignment...

Please report back as soon as the mission is accomplished!