I think they should have renamed it as the Lord Nelson, Lizzie. Everyone in Arnold would know where that was! Think another 'Organ Grinder' would have been preferable, Coffee Grinder seems to give off the wrong message to me.

Faither was a regular in the 'Nelly' - I'm really not sure what he would have said about all this!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The virus has curtailed our usual birthday celebrations Mum is a 103 today and we are normally in the north east for the racing, we have done this for nearly 20 years.  Her friends have made her day a

It seems that anyone politically slightly to the right of Stalin or Mao Zedong is a moron. Who knows, before long some folk may even start reading The Guardian and actually believe what's written.

I long admired and appreciated Martin's 'model' for his Weatherspoon's pubs. Somewhere to meet for a reasonably priced drink, without deafening music or other distractions.  Martin's political vi

It's more than just a bar though. I haven't been yet but I've had Cuban food in Cuba and its well worth trying. There are new bars opening all the time in Hockley and the Lace Market, or at least reopenings. I can't be bothered keeping track of them any more. There will always be New 'bars' they have to reinvent themselves periodically. Genuinely new 'pubs' however are probably a thing of the past.

Cuba looks interesting. Was it a restaurant offering Brazilian food previously?

I was actually quite sorry when The Hard Rock Cafe closed on that spot. used to enjoy a pint and a glance round the memorabilia in there.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Follow on from #203, CAMRA just posted this on Facebook:

Scribblers Brewery's new micro pub "Room with a Brew" opens this Friday in Nottingham. It is situated on Derby Road across from the Hand and Heart. This will make the Canning circus crawl even better than ever.

''Room with a brew''.........great name Rob.

just edited view to brew..........i'm stll losing it.

• Upvote 1

Found out about the Friday opening this lunch time.

I was lead to believe it was going to open last week

Still I managed a pint in the Barrel Drop (my first this year ...honest) & another in the Vat & Fiddle.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been open since November & it's still not finished yet the outdoor areas being done the former Boots social club just before Trent bridge is now owned Castle Rock its massive you could spend a few hours checking the history out on the walls I was in after the Forest match on Saturday & took Mrs Red for dinner there last night, well worth a visit.

http://www.castlerockbrewery.co.uk/pubs/the-embankment/

• Upvote 1

I don't think that the old ratio applies now Lizzie I'm afraid.