I just can't see things getting back to any sort of normality for the foreseeable future. If a vaccine is found it will take some time to inoculate 70 odd million people. An oral vaccine would be better. The pills could be posted to us!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The virus has curtailed our usual birthday celebrations Mum is a 103 today and we are normally in the north east for the racing, we have done this for nearly 20 years.  Her friends have made her day a

It seems that anyone politically slightly to the right of Stalin or Mao Zedong is a moron. Who knows, before long some folk may even start reading The Guardian and actually believe what's written.

I long admired and appreciated Martin's 'model' for his Weatherspoon's pubs. Somewhere to meet for a reasonably priced drink, without deafening music or other distractions.  Martin's political vi

The virus has curtailed our usual birthday celebrations Mum is a 103 today and we are normally in the north east for the racing, we have done this for nearly 20 years.  Her friends have made her day as special as they can and we will celebrate when we can. Her response was if i can't get my hair done I'm going nowhere. Stay safe everyone and be careful if you venture out.

• Like 4

I'll go into a pub eventually.. but it won't be a 'Wethies'.  I'm not giving any of my cash to Tim Martin whose treatment of his staff and attitude to CV have been appalling throughout. The man is a moron.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-wetherspoons-tim-martin-pubs-close-piers-morgan-boris-johnson-a9413971.html

https://inews.co.uk/news/tim-martin-wetherspoons-coronavirus-uk-staff-work-tesco-government-help-411690

• Like 1

Gem , many happy returns for your mum. Are you sure she's got her birthdate wrong? Only kidding, what a wonderful age. My mum is 98 and I'm sure she's hanging on for 100. The nurses in the care home are baffled by her. She hardly eats anything doesn't drink much either , doesn't speak or understand Italian and watches tv or sleeps all day. They say she's the healthiest of all the residents. Hopefully on 14 th we will be able to visit her. I haven't seen her in person since Christmas Day. We did wave to her a while ago when the nurses brought her to the balcony door and we were on the road opposite. 

Make sure you set a date for your mums celebrations, that's what is so sad about the present situation. We can all do without a pint or eating at a restaurant or even just going down the road to meet with a friend but her generation deserve better than that , make sure is a celebration for her to remember. A hug and best wishes from me for her.

10 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I'll go into a pub eventually.. but it won't be a 'Wethies'.  I'm not giving any of my cash to Tim Martin whose treatment of his staff and attitude to CV have been appalling throughout. The man is a moron.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-wetherspoons-tim-martin-pubs-close-piers-morgan-boris-johnson-a9413971.html

https://inews.co.uk/news/tim-martin-wetherspoons-coronavirus-uk-staff-work-tesco-government-help-411690

A super rich moron. !

It seems that anyone politically slightly to the right of Stalin or Mao Zedong is a moron. Who knows, before long some folk may even start reading The Guardian and actually believe what's written.

• Like 4

Thank you Nonna, I can't imagine how hard it must be not being able to be with your Mum you can see her but not give the cuddles that make the visit  special. Hopefully we will be able to go to Ladies Day I have changed our booking so fingers crossed. Mum puts her longevity to being pickled in gin-her words not mine, she forgets to mention her bedtime whiskey. I passed on your good wishes, thank you.

Gem

• Like 1

The lads I drink with before kick off have booked a table on Saturday while the D*rby v Forest game is on part of the restriction on entry is they bring ID to prove they do not live in Leicester? Think I'll stick to Radio Nottingham, not had a drink since lock-down!   

RR, Since the restart I've watched all the Forest matches on my TV through iFollow Forest app. A code was issued to Forest season card holders in lieu of a refund, allowing access to all remaining matches this season.You can watch on any WiFi device  I open it on a laptop and connect to my TV with an HDMI cable, commentary is by the the Radio Nottingham team, Hodge, Fray etc. I think that anyone can pay on a match by match basis £10. Make sure you've got a good signal and it's spot on.

9 hours ago, Commo said:

I long admired and appreciated Martin's 'model' for his Weatherspoon's pubs. Somewhere to meet for a reasonably priced drink, without deafening music or other distractions. 

Martin's political views and allegiances are well known to those interested. I don't share them but he's entitled to them. And I did not mention them here. That was not my point.

I will withdraw the accusation that he is a moron.

However. I still believe that for him or anyone in his position of influence to claim that Coronavirus 'does not spread in pubs' when this shows more concern for his profits than for public safety.. is a moronic act.

I dont think I need to explore his attitude to his employees any further. 

• Like 4

@davep5491 I have the iFollow code what I should have added I will be @ work on foot so radio Nottingham it is, strange but I’ve alway prefer to listen to a match than watch it on TV, I play the match running around my head.  

My Son subscribes to iptv about £50/60 for 12 months, he assures me there is not a match or channel in the world he cannot get? 

I think he's misunderstood..

Been in the SH this lunchtime, nice & quiet best thing was, no "Bar Flies" standing at the bar supping.

Burger was a bit iffy, probly pre lockdown supplies now being used.

Drinks + 10p & meals + 20p, wher are these £5 a pint scare mongers ?

Normally meet my Sunday club mates at 5 at the local. First day today and we were all a bit hesitant. I walked around at 5 and took my shooting stick, assuming that all the outside tables would be full. Started to rain so turned back. Got a message from one of group saying that the inside of the pub was almost deserted. So went and joined him. Lovely pint of Pedigree or 3 :rolleyes: Nothing like the mobs we have seen on't telly.

• Like 1