Yeah ! Brylcreem, sideburns , brothel creepers and cut throat razors. Just what we need ! Maybe not !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The virus has curtailed our usual birthday celebrations Mum is a 103 today and we are normally in the north east for the racing, we have done this for nearly 20 years.  Her friends have made her day a

It seems that anyone politically slightly to the right of Stalin or Mao Zedong is a moron. Who knows, before long some folk may even start reading The Guardian and actually believe what's written.

I long admired and appreciated Martin's 'model' for his Weatherspoon's pubs. Somewhere to meet for a reasonably priced drink, without deafening music or other distractions.  Martin's political vi

On 13/06/2016 at 8:24 AM, DAVIDW said:

I see Herbert Kilpin , Nottingham born founder of AC Milan is getting a pub named after him on Bridlemith Walk .

Previous thread about Herbert .

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12283&page=2

Nice pub really a micro has it's own beer brewed for it (Kilpin 3.8%) by Black Iris nice pint very bitter & lots of flavour for it's strength :)

4 hours ago, Bubblewrap said:

Nice pub really a micro has it's own beer brewed for it (Kilpin 3.8%) by Black Iris nice pint very bitter & lots of flavour for it's strength :)

Only 3.8% ? Mrs C brews tea stronger than that !

5 hours ago, radfordred said:

#277 Can't say I would have classed the Kilpin as a micro pub? This micro malarkey must be getting bigger (sic)? 

If you take in to account the down stairs I would tend to agree with you and I would call it a "small pub" :)

I can't find bubblewrap's post but the planned micro brewery where the old Bradrail premises were is going to be called "The Bull's Well" if granted planning permission.

Opening hours 08.00 - 01.30 seven days a week. !

On 15/10/2016 at 10:37 AM, catfan said:

Having a wander through Sherwood the other day I noticed this pub with a sign saying "NO CHILDREN OERMITTED" !  HALLELUJAH , PRAISE THE LORD !

The Good Lord has answered my prayers !

Next time in Sherwood I'll give it a go !

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.9802691,-1.1470586,3a,90y,85.87h,89.02t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sWL4abx9GPQVMZJLKRDNo2g!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DWL4abx9GPQVMZJLKRDNo2g%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D100.83246%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

# 265.  Catfan

Did you ever grace this pub with your presence Catfan?  

Not sure it's what you expect from a pub as they don't serve draught beer, only bottled, but hundreds of different ones.   

We stepped inside only once. It was their opening night a couple of years ago and we walked over there, arriving at 7.55 pm, and couldn't get served as they were closing at 8.  Thought it was a bit pedantic to turn us away with still 5 mins to go but it was their choice and we've not bothered since. We'll stick to Doctors Orders

1 hour ago, catfan said:

I can't find bubblewrap's post but the planned micro brewery where the old Bradrail premises were is going to be called "The Bull's Well" if granted planning permission.

Opening hours 08.00 - 01.30 seven days a week. !

If that's the case then I wont be drinking there Mick

#281 Not sure you understand the concept of this micro pub malarkey Bub? The Herbert Kilpin is owned & ran by The Junkyard next door, hence they share the same kitchen & beer garden. I have a mate who runs a very small brewing operation (chucked 70k at it) to get your beer in a pub is almost imposable unless your giving it away, if your running a micro pub like Scribblers brewery "room with a brew" on Derby Road you stock theirs they stock yours, theres usually no money involved, if your planning to brew beer do it for an hobby.    

• Upvote 1

I am well aware of the concept of the micro pub see my above post.

I have visited Room with a brew many times.

Also The barrel drop Hurt's Yard

Doctors Orders  Mansfield Road(Carrington)

also Just Beer (Newark)

Needle & Pin (Loughborough0(my local till i moved into Nottingham)

plus other micros in Hucknall(2)Chesterfield, Lincoln,Durham & Melton Mobray not belonging to a brewery but selling beer from micro breweries

P.S. the owner of The Needle & Pin also brews "Wicked Hathern ales

• 2 months later...

Castle Rocks new bar Yarn opened yesterday in the former Green Room (that was always empty) between the Theatre Royal & Royal Concert Hall, this will be a welcome addition to Nottingham.

http://yarnbar.co.uk/

http://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/food-drink/first-look-around-castle-rocks-751967

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hope they sell something akin to home ales and not that flat as witches threepenny bit  mouth wash.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spent yesterday afternoon in the new pub on High Pavement 'Head of Steam' lots of memorabilia on the walls for you railway buffs, beer want bad drank some brew by Camerons Brewery very nice too ........... plus a youth strumming a guitar.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

I only drink in town & Trent Bridge on match days, we chuck a good £200/250 a week at going out between us, with us both working we do not cook at the weekend & always have a few drinks & then find a nice place to eat in town on a Sunday afternoon/evening reading the restrictions, booking a timed table, advance payment, completing track & trace forms, face coverings & hand sanitation before entry, table service! I do like to see my pint being pulled, paying for food & drink via a phone app, no moving about having to remain at your booked table, not for me, I will not be bothering with this new style pub malarkey.  

Noticed pub to pub the rules are different my local The Cross Keys rules 

https://www.crosskeysnottingham.co.uk/covid-secure

• Like 1