Cine: Beeston & Bramcote, December 1968

Took me a little time to figure out where we were...

Some years ago I did exactly the same thing, well very similar.

I fastened my camcorder to the dash of my car and filmed the journey from my old house in Chilwell to my mums house in wollaton going through Brancote village too, unfortunately I don’t have the tape anymore, I put the short film onto disc and now the disc for some reason won’t let me access the clip.

Thanks littlebro

Bip.

If I have five minutes to myself next week and if we have a sunny day I will do part of that journey taking in devils bend just to compare, starting from bramcote island up throught Bramcote village around the devils bend down past Alderman white skool and past the double top…what say ya?

Lets hope my once friend doesn’t see me in my black Picasso, if she does I will be having a call from the blue boys again and this time I might be carted off to goal.

Bip.

Yes, I was more than a little dissappointed that the bridge did not appear. Just goes to show what we take for granted.

Question, what is out there now that we should be imaging/recording now?

In 40 years time someone may appreciate it!

Bip, your non-playing disc may not be beyond redemption. I have recovered damaged software using freeware recovery tools.

Re "What should we film now for posterity??" The Forest , before it's turned into a refugee camp / pikeys caravan park etc.