Calling all Punk Rockers

1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

Were Some Chicken a Nottm band...saw them in a weird place?   A short lived venue on Barker Gate,.,any help?    Circa 1977.

Don't know about the venue, but Some Chicken were definitely a Nottm band.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for Ian  

Welcome Jane Any pictures would be appreciated

50p in a Taxi from Old Market Square ? Quid to get in ?

• 3 years later...

just read 'Chicken Town' a book based on Some Chicken, rekindled my interest, so I googled the name and came across this thread, my first punk gig was at the Sandpiper when Sham 69 played with Some Chicken in support, really got me into punk, went back to the Sandpiper many times and the Retford Porter (Slaughter) House, I even started a punk band, Verbal Warning, with Dave Smith who I worked with, a few years later, missing the boat entirely and not being able to play very well at all didn't get very far.

I started up the band again in 2005 with a new line-up and we're still gigging and still missing the boat lol

• Like 1

Thanks Paul. 

I’ve been trying to remember the name of that venue in Retford for ages. Went there to see Heavy Metal Kids (with Gary Holton before he focused on acting rather than singing) in about 1977.

The support band were The Motors, and funnily enough, they were the ones to have a bigger hit with “Airport”.

• 1 year later...

Went to Sandpiper many times. remember seeing Slaughter and the Dogs, were Gang of Four the support that night?

Love Katies where we seen many of the "lesser" known bands which i preferred to the better known ones, bands like 999, Lurkers and the Boys.

Also used to go most Thursdays to Blooblos in Coalville, seen most of the bands there before they became famous.

Siouxsie - Sham - Slits - X-Ray spex - XTC - 999 - Adverts -  ect