Ah the memories Mary,.............when i see my baby............what do i see..............Poetry.................poetry in motion,

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HUH, I just asked Chris, What was the first single he bought. After a moments thought he said. Dave Berry...The Crying Game, he said he remembered, because a girl had just packed him in. We looked it

First single was Baby Face - Little Richard from a record shop on Radford Rd near Wilkinson St. This was followed by Dreamin' - Bobby Darin. From then on all my cash went on records by Everly Bros,

The last time I went down to see my Daughter they had already been on the web finding out how much some of them were worth, must admit I was astounded at some of the results they had come up with. If

Memories memories its a good job we joined Nottstalgia

RRRRRR Fabian all the girls at school went mad on him he was so nice looking, as they say now days the man is fit we all went to the flicks to see him in The Alamo also I think he was in a flim called Fanny oh to be young again.

This message should be an answer to mgread 1200

sorry if its in the wrong place

The film I saw him in was called "Hound Dog Man" abouit the same time I bought the record String Along.

Chulla, if you are reading this, was your first single Mr.Tambourine Man by The Byrds? It's the only one I remember you playing.

Take me for a trip..................on your magic swirling ship............ah the memories again katyjay

HUH, I just asked Chris, What was the first single he bought. After a moments thought he said. Dave Berry...The Crying Game, he said he remembered, because a girl had just packed him in. We looked it up on Google and Dave Berry brought it out in 1965!!! OH YEH. We started courting in 1964!!!!

HE WILL SUFFER

:secret:

• Upvote 5

I KNOW all there is to know....................................about the 'crying game........................ah carnie' more memories

name the song........i give you a line...........

• Upvote 1

I have been trying to think what the first single I bought was, but I have no idea (too many years ago). I would make a guess that it was a Billy Fury single. Probably A Thousand Stars or Halfway to Paradise. For me he was the Best and his music still is. I'm afraid I am stuck in a Time Warp when it comes to music. I find it very difficult at Weddings and celebrations, when The Twist comes on to control the urge to Granny Dance. Not a pretty sight, but who cares? Just realised, my first single was Chubby Checker and the Twist. I loved the vertion done by Chubby Checker and the Fat Boys. Come On Baby. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Whenever I think of The Twist I think of a youth club I went to at The Ewing School for the Deaf, opposite Woodthorpe Park. The Twist was just coming in and we were all having a go at it, lol. Wonder what happened to that little school?

#79 katyjay. See #63. I'll play you Mr Tambourine Man next time you are over.

Re #86 Lizzie`s youth club, I think that was where the Nottingham Vespa Club used to meet on a Wednesday evening, I recall Tobacco Road by Nashville Teens being a popular record being played over and over at one time, drove us bleddy crazy!

Chulla, I completely missed #63. But you didn't say what your first single was, was it The Byrds? I remember your 78's well. Dad had a few too, I remember I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen.

katyjay. Er, - 78s were singles, but not having LPs we did not called them that! I bought my radiogram in 1961, so didn't buy any 45s until then. The Byrds record was issued in 1965, so could not have been that one. I have had a look at my 45s, but cannot remember which I bought first. Bought the Dean Martin record, and the radiogram, from an electrical shop on Aspley Lane, just up from the Forum cinema - think its name was Dabells, or something like that.

Perhaps I should have said, your first 45rpm! Hard to think of 78's as singles, but they were. We just didn't know it.

Some of the records owned by my parents were 78s! I remember Freight Train by Nancy Whiskey was one they also had quite a collection of "The Old Groaner" Bing Crosby. Back in Radford in the fifties we also had one of those wind up Gramaphones were you had to change the needles all the while.

I had two older brothers who constantly bought records. The first single I bought was Big John/ I wont' go huntin' with you Jake,that was in 1961 I think!!!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...