Devils Corner Bramcote.

This is a small snippet of a journey I did in 2003 from My old house in Chilwell to me mums house in Wollaton on Plantation road. It takes one in the opposite direction to a previous Youtube video posted on here the other week. The video takes one through the Devils Corner Bramcote Village to the Bramcote island junction with the A52.....enjoy and watch out for the lorries straddling the white lines.

Bip.

Nice one Bip.........And dont you think that Island you came to is a nightmare to pull out onto...especially if you're going to ilkeston because you can use both lanes to pull onto the island but only one when on the island.....crazy.

Reckon there is perhaps some excuse for the first lorry straddler, taking arguably the most dangerous and sharpest main road bend in the county - but none for the second offender.

As a young kid, riding the Barton 32 from Bells Lane to Beeston, that Cow Lane section - culminating in the 90 degree walled bend - used to terrify me!

Cheers

Robt P.

'Cept that he is a lorry and you cant argue with him in your car.........Fun up there with the busses too......When I grew up there we used to go round those bends on Double Deckers.

Oy , slagging off that poor lorry driver , Bip went over the lines on one minute twenty seconds ..................LOL

(I know )

I was being cautious beefy mate just in case the car waiting to pull out of the car park did suddenly drop forward into my path, its called anticipation or how to avoid a potential accident……cheers..

I tried to load the whole nine-minutes worth of that video but I reckon it would have taken nine days to down load to youtube with my Igb broadband connection.

Yes Kev I concur; it’s a matter of closing ones eyes and putting one foot to the metal.

Regarding the lanes….I always get in the middle one…the left hand lane is to go to Stapleford the right hand lane for Nottingham or back upon oneself.

It’s a common sight to see those in the right hand lane cutting across ones bows sometimes with no left hand indicator on wanting to go to Ilkeston and beyond.

Bip.

And now the road is breaking up.

There are large pieces of it detaching itself from the underlying surface.

Basically it’s down to poor maintenance by the local road authority.

This weather isn’t going to help either, melting ice and then freezing again just breaks up the fabric of the road.

Hoping to be travelling through that stretch today on my way to me mums will if I can attach me camera to my cars dash to take a movie travelling the opposite direction from the last video I posted….

Bip.