Sign in to follow this  
popothepixie

colwick pleasure park

Hi Ive recently joined your forum after stumbling onto it by accident. Im now 51years old and was raised in Arnold , which i left when I was 20. I have very vague memories of my parents taking out for the day and having a picnic by the river.Children were padldlng in a section of the river seperated from the main river by a fence cutting across the paddling area. There were a couple of kids rides and apassenger boat kept coming and going.We onlywent the once but there were many people there that day I was only a child at the time no older than 5. but when ive spoken about this Ive been told it was possibly colwick pleasure park on trent lane.Can anyone tell me anything about this place.share memories ,when did it close?are there any photos.? thanks popothepixie

!englandflag!

Hi Popothepixie

There's plenty on the forum about the pleasure park and I believe some photo's, not sure where but I'm sure someone else will know, why not check through all the posts there's some great story's and memories been unleashed on this site. Welcome to the best site on the net

Rog

Recently discussed in detail by Ashton and I...Sept/Oct?

Cheers

Robt P.