xmas pork pie breakfast

Both sound wonderful Bubblewrap and Banjo48. Have a good time all of you.This year, Christmas Morning, we are down the street at our Daughters for the Prezzie opening and she wants to cook us Smokey Bacon Sandwiches. We won't be able to resist a bit of Pork Pie before we leave the house though. And then it's mainly Chocolate until we all assemble back at our house for Traditional Christmas Lunch at 2.30pm

Nothing much after that until Boxing Day, when they all come back again, plus Sis and Bro inlaw for Bubble and Squeek. :biggrin:

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't understand why vegans want their food to look like meat. If your vegan, fine, but don't pretend you're not by tarting your food up as something that its not. You  wouldn't want us meat eaters

Best way to eat pork pie cut it in half scoop out all the disgusting grey interior & filthy jelly & chuck it in the bin & eat the pastry or give it the dog  

Hello.Only just joined so reply may be late.My grandfarther.who came from Hucknall,served on H.M.S. Royal Oak at the battle of Juttland.Being away at sea one christmas he and his mate who came from Ma

After the heart attack, I fear that pig pie is going to be right off the breakfast menu this year. Still, at least turkey is on the approved list, and having done penance at breakfast, I think I may be allowed a sliver of Christmas pud ! Don't talk about chocolate - it's just too painful.

• Upvote 4

Never heard of pork pie fer breakfast mate, but I do like pork pie, you don't seem to get them spicy like they used to be, trying Melton Mowbray's at the moment.

It was always tradition in our house when I was a littleun.

we would all sit round the table Christmas morning munching

on a big Pork Pie, it would have to be big there were a lot of us.

I must say It's not a tradition I have carried on.

• Upvote 1

Rowes of Newark. Fantastic!!!!!

Banjo48.....I trust your pork pies are good......that breakfast you describe has my mouth watering!

The last time that I had a halfway decent tasting pork pie in this country was back in the 60s, from the Continental Section at Grace Bros, Bondi Junction - the origin of the pie?...Melton Mowbray.

Never found any since.... noblue

Use to love the pork pie and mustard....break the pie apart, toss out the jelly, chunks of meat with hot mustard and the pastry as a side dish.........Yum!

That one of yours, Bubblewrap (#157), sounds tasty as well.

And the mustard was Colman's Mustard....Spoon powder into an egg cup, few drops of water from the tap, mix well to a paste and put a dollop on the side of the plate to smear on the pork pie...............

• Upvote 1

Dad always used milk to make the Mustard.

I can remember the mustard used to make me sneeze, if it was made with water. Still does if I use too much. Using milk probably calmed it down a bit.

A good tip, to try Milk if it's too hot for you Melissa.

• Upvote 1