xmas pork pie breakfast

Always do Bacon & egg with fried bread on Christmas day breakfast. Also it is the only day I refuse to be family taxi driver so I can have a drink. Usually me and my eldest lad polish off a bottle of Chivas Regal.

• Upvote 1
  • 9 months later...
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't understand why vegans want their food to look like meat. If your vegan, fine, but don't pretend you're not by tarting your food up as something that its not. You  wouldn't want us meat eaters

Best way to eat pork pie cut it in half scoop out all the disgusting grey interior & filthy jelly & chuck it in the bin & eat the pastry or give it the dog  

Hello.Only just joined so reply may be late.My grandfarther.who came from Hucknall,served on H.M.S. Royal Oak at the battle of Juttland.Being away at sea one christmas he and his mate who came from Ma

Hello.Only just joined so reply may be late.My grandfarther.who came from Hucknall,served on H.M.S. Royal Oak at the battle of Juttland.Being away at sea one christmas he and his mate who came from Mansfield,Asked for "Pork Pie" for breakfast to remind them of home.Years later after grandma died he came to live with us in Calverton,around about 1959,he had carried on the tradition so passed it on to me.Being a grandfather myself now,Im 66 I still have as do my grand chilldren,and great grand chilldren,Pork Pie on Christmas morning.I dont know if this is the origin however me spare a thought at christmas breakfast for all the brave sailor's who have lost there lives at sea.

• Upvote 5

A nice first post Paul. I hope you share more memories with us, and you will surely find something of interest on here.

• 4 weeks later...

We always had Pork Pie for breakfast on Christmas Day, when I mentioned this to colleagues they all pulled faces and said they had never heard of it so I assumed it was a Yorkshire thing as my parents were from Hull. They also always had cheese with Christmas Cake?

Hello.Only just joined so reply may be late.My grandfarther.who came from Hucknall,served on H.M.S. Royal Oak at the battle of Juttland.Being away at sea one christmas he and his mate who came from Mansfield,Asked for "Pork Pie" for breakfast to remind them of home.Years later after grandma died he came to live with us in Calverton,around about 1959,he had carried on the tradition so passed it on to me.Being a grandfather myself now,Im 66 I still have as do my grand chilldren,and great grand chilldren,Pork Pie on Christmas morning.I dont know if this is the origin however me spare a thought at christmas breakfast for all the brave sailor's who have lost there lives at sea.

I came from Hucknall so may have known your family, I have lots of friends in Calverton too as a lot of the Hucknall folk moved there in the late 50's for the pit and the houses.........

It's Christmas morning here in oz and I'd give anything for a nice real English pork pie ! breakfast lunch or tea for that matter.

My good lady bought me a local offering the other day, I got quite excited as it looked very good, wrong, tasted of bloody bacon and was pink inside ! my spaniel enjoyed it though.

Bah, Humbug, I hate Christmas ! a quiet one for us this year, as no family within cooee of us, they're all off doing their thing anyway.

Did the Facetime thing last evening before they all saddled up and left for their holidays, but not quite the same as a good hug, from our gorgeous grandkids and kids.

• Upvote 4

My grandmother came from Melton Mowbray, so we always had pork pie for - breakfast on Christmas morning. Source: Alan the butcher in Victoria Road Netherfield - his pies were prize winners. My ex-wife has taken up the tradition - now that I live in Devon, we had M&S pie on Christmas Eve morning, and finished it off for tea tonight, Boxing Day. A bit posh, no jelly but chestnuts!! Scrummy anyway!

• Upvote 1

Used to enjoy the traditional pork pies at Christmas with mustard....as a matter of fact - used to enjoy them anytime.

Down here in Oz, they have no idea how to make them and after several wasted purchases over the years, have stopped buying them.

However, just wait until we are back in the UK next year!

• Upvote 1

We have about two more days supply of Christmas food to get through. I always over do it on purpose, because I have to cater for so many visitors and I don't like to run out, also I am not a very good judge of quantity. It works out great; because after the two busy days it means we can take it easy and use up all the food that is readily prepared. We aren't quite ready to go back to healthy eating yet!

Probably Bubble and cold meat for breakfast again.....and lunch......and supper! Only half a Trifle left; so that will dissappear sometime today. The only thing that hasn't gone to well this year is Pork Pie. Looks like the birds are in for a treat tomorrow.

• Upvote 3
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Welcome, d'Artaignan, to Nottstalgia, where I'm certain you'll find much to interest you and to share with members.

My father, a Beeston lad, was also a pork pie and brown sauce on Christmas morning devotee. He always ordered a whopper of a pie and collected it on Christmas eve.

Welcome to the forum d'Artaignan, hope you enjoy browsing and continue to post.  

I'm envious of your location as I've spent time in Antigua, it's a a lovely island. 

212#............Daddies 1/6............HP...........1/11..................Had a brand today i'd never heard of 'Bramwells' on me Ham n Eggs'......bleddy awful,felt right off ever since.....................

• Upvote 1

Vesta also did chow mein in a box. Everything inside had the appearance of shredded cardboard. Desiccated noodles. All had to be hydrated and then cooked.

Tasted like....soggy cardboard...but it was the novelty value, I suppose!

:(