• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Lizzie stated that he batted for the other side I thought she meant Derbyshire.

I’ve often wondered. When women throw their knickers at a performer do they take them off or do they bring a spare ‘throwing pair’?

Saw him at some place in Leicester many years ago, he was a good singer.  Women were throwing their knickers at him ....... I didn’t know he batted for the other side. 

Good programme for a laugh though, it was always interesting to wait and see whether that megalomaniac, alco, sexual predator, nutcase, Hughie Greene would finally self combust on screen.

Funny , he always spoke highly of you!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may be thinking of Duncan Norvell, he hailed from Hoton near Loughborough but moved to Nott'm (He now works in a furniture shop in Stairfoot near Barnsley)

Re Hughie Green, Remember the "sponsers" they had on Opp Knocks? they would talk about the act, one day hughie says "I'd like to introduce Mr Jablonski" this chap then goes on about his daughter who's coming on, then hughie says to him "I'm told you are a war hero?" "well I was in the RAF" "you must have had some exicting times?" "Yes, I recall one, I am flying in my Spitfire in Battle of Britain and these 3 German Fuckers come out the clouds" (anguished looks from Hughie as programme going out live) "And you had some good mess dances?" "Yes but I am telling you about these nazi fuckers, I chased after them but the fuckers split up however I got one and down the fucker went in flames" At this Hughie interupted "Folks I should tell you Mr Jablonski is Polish and his accent may be sounding funny, a Fokker was a German fighter" " Yes true Hughie, but these Fuckers were in Messerschmitts!"

Didn't Stan Boardman get banned from telly for telling this one live on Des O'Connors show in 1994 ???

You may be thinking of Duncan Norvell, he hailed from Hoton near Loughborough but moved to Nott'm (He now works in a furniture shop in Stairfoot near Barnsley)

If that was directed at me beefy - you may well be right.

I know that some of you on these pages use (or used to use) the Woodlark,,,, anyone else remember him in there ?

I guess i'm going back to around 1990 give or take,,,, mum & dad no longer with us to confirm.

Duncan Norvell comes from Hoton .he did have a large house at Rufford which he called the chase .I think he had problems with the tax man so he had to move on.I did read that he lived in Derbyshire..In the early 90s he moved to Southwell on Lower Kirklington road( he lived next door but 2 to the wifes uncle)he moved to Barnsley about 3 or 4 years ago .He still does a bit on stage I saw posters for him comparing a darts exhibition match last summer between John Lowe and Eric Bristow, down Skegvagus

He still lived down "Millionaires row" at Rufford until at least 93/4 . I used to deliver to "The Chase" for Business post and I always got the offer of a brew from his missus (PHEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!) well she was georgeous!!

The name "The Chase" was built into his drive in bricks !! he is still touring with the Ricky Tomlinson laughter show , in between selling furniture in Stairfoot (Living in the nerby town of Darfield )

I only met him once and he was a bit flustered but still nice with it (Might have been around the time of his dissagreement with the tax man)

Incedently,

What has the Tax man and a Penguin got in common??

They can both shove their bills up their Ar53.......

hang on a minute, if it wasn't for people paying taxes NI contributions etc I wouldn't get so much benefit, free TV licence, ( inc FOC digital conversion ) road tax etc, am working on holiday abroad next, but might have to commit some crime for that

Yes know what you mean, it's this tortured soul anguish type of performance I can't stand with the pleading and face pulling

Oh yes Ashley! Absolutely! I thought I was the only one to detest this. It seemed that doing that was a ticket to fame... and it went on for so many years. You could see Simon Cowels eyes light up when any fool did it. I remember one of the extremely rare occasions that I watched the program when a girl came on with an absolutely fabulous natural voice.. unstrained, untortured, no face grimmacing ... She was out the door in seconds. That was the last time I watched that stupid program.

Even more annoying (and it's spreading) is the pregnant pause, "And the winner is- (puts kettle on, nips out and cleans car, feeds the cat, makes the tea, then sits down) and hears the result" ! stupid barstewards!

Oh yes, an old disease that spreading again. It absolutley infuriates me on Eggheads with that moron Dermot Murnaghan. Every answer is treated with the same inane pregnant pause. I could scream at the tw*t. I could do a lot worse actually) It's not clever and it doesn't add anything to the program. The new guy Jeremy Vine doesn't do it... and it is soooo.... much better.

Even more annoying (and it's spreading) is the pregnant pause, "And the winner is- (puts kettle on, nips out and cleans car, feeds the cat, makes the tea, then sits down) and hears the result" ! stupid barstewards!

Couldn't agree more

I think Dermot is back on Eggheads now , Vine was only covering while he did the search for a new Egghead programme

Oh and women who shout at the screen during an annoucement. Davina McAll , youve been named and shamed.(Mc F**k All if you ask me )

Is it me or are all the so called "artists" who were manufactured on the X factor manic depressives?

I'm listening to Lincs FM at the moment and they have just played this Leona bird and the Alexandra birds latest offering for Christmas, I am now NOT looking forward to Christmas because I feel too suicidal after hearing them pair start off missing half the words because they can't reach high notes whilst "singing" quietly and they finish off by shouting and screaming like some East enders actress on speed, At least Peter Kay's offering has some meaning and happiness to it

Where's the Valium? Rog

Listening to Leona Lewis & Alexander Burke is more depressing than being at a funeral and god help us if Take That let that shithead Robbie Williams back. All he's after is the limelight 'cos he screwed up in the states. Baz

• 3 weeks later...

.He still does a bit on stage I saw posters for him comparing a darts exhibition match last summer between John Lowe and Eric Bristow, down Skegvagus

Look who's coming to Northwich

darts.jpg

• 1 year later...

One of the things I did in my bar in Ibiza was a Karaoke session twice a night. The regular choice of men of a certain age was "My Way" , unfortunately the only version I had was Sids!! I used to tell them that they wouldn't know it , but 9

nine times out of ten (Especially after a few glasses of wobbly water down their necks!!) they would insist on going on and doing it. Nearly always it ended with them slamming the Microphone down after about 30 seconds and storming off the stage muttering things about me being an effing Winker for stitching them up and making them look daft in front of their wives/ girlfriends/ knock offs/ families , etc.

On one particular occation the fellow totally thrilled every one by giving it the full Sid Vicious!! Pogoing all over the stage , flicking the "V's" and generally causing mahem!! He then sat down to a rapturous applause , sipping on his beer and going back to being this 'normal' bloke out for a bevie with his missus !!

Brilliant.

• 8 years later...

Saw him at some place in Leicester many years ago, he was a good singer.  Women were throwing their knickers at him ....... I didn’t know he batted for the other side. 

• Upvote 1