Wasnt looking for a delete button ...i saw your spelling goof....typed a reply saying 'insert a 'p'.....entered that.....then saw you corrected yours.....so edited mine but it wouldnt let me wipe it off and enter an empty box...so i was commited to saying summat........ :sorry:

Yer too Quick? !clapping!

I should make you a moderator. :rolleyes:

I entered the message, then had to leave it posted to see the delete button and copy the URL to post it as an image.

Welcome Baz,,,,

Tell us a bit about yourself,,,,,,,

eeeeerm - Baz

Well, my name's Barry. I'm 66 years old. I was born in Carlton/Mapperley. I went to Cavo school. Left in '57. Went to work in Netherfield by which time I was well into rock 'n' roll and just about starting drinkin' in Trumans, opposite the lions in the square. Found the QE in '58 and the rest is history. LOL. I went past Bottle Lane the other day and damn me, what do I find? A bloody Tesco express where the Ariba used to be. They gettin' everywhere ain't they? No decent pubs in town nowadays so I don't bother goin' much.

There are still a few about if one is prepered to walk, for example the poacher on Mansfield road and the News house on Canal street aswell as the King billy across from the city bus depot...

Bip.

Well, my name's Barry. I'm 66 years old. I was born in Carlton/Mapperley. I went to Cavo school. Left in '57. Went to work in Netherfield by which time I was well into rock 'n' roll and just about starting drinkin' in Trumans, opposite the lions in the square.

I also lived in Carlton/gedling (had a paper-round up Mapperley). Also went to cavo,, but about 6 years after you. Know the Cowlishaw twins ? Same age as you and at cavo same time.

Me - Only drank once in town since 1976,,,,, just a couple on parliament street.

Nice to hear from you baz.

Hi Baz

Welcome to this great site. I am also into Rock and Roll (stood the test of time) I used to know Rockin Ray very well, he used to play at the 'Jolly Farmers' at Ruddington for a couple of years. I've also seen him at the Talbot (Yates). What preference do you have to singers - I'm, as everyone on here will probably tell you, into Mr Elvis Aaron Presley.

Keep on Rockin!

Hi Baz

Welcome to this great site. I am also into Rock and Roll (stood the test of time) I used to know Rockin Ray very well, he used to play at the 'Jolly Farmers' at Ruddington for a couple of years. I've also seen him at the Talbot (Yates). What preference do you have to singers - I'm, as everyone on here will probably tell you, into Mr Elvis Aaron Presley.

Keep on Rockin!

It might surprise you to know I ain't the biggest Elvis fan. I love rock 'n' roll in general and now I'm finding more artists and recordings we ever heard of in the 50's. Thx to downloading. Baz

I also lived in Carlton/gedling (had a paper-round up Mapperley). Also went to cavo,, but about 6 years after you. Know the Cowlishaw twins ? Same age as you and at cavo same time.

Me - Only drank once in town since 1976,,,,, just a couple on parliament street.

Nice to hear from you baz.

Yep. I knew the twins, in fact I was looking at friends reunited the other day and they both on there. Baz

I take it you know my mate Hodgo (Clive)

Yep. I've known Hodgo for about 35 years now. In fact I was on the phone to him only last week. He told me he's doing a Cocked Hat reunion at New Venture Club(formerly Plessey Club) at Beeston on 27th march 2009. Funny enough my two lads are respectively, manager and assistant manager there. Baz