Hey Mick, how about using a different colour for the the latest posts, be easier than looking at dates!

Just a suggestion mate.

John

• 4 years later...

things about local stuff get started then just dissapear, it's frustrating sometimes, for instance, Drury Hill and the wierd thingy in the shop window, Plantfit responded, but I can't believe that no other member has any comment or knowledge about it's existance.

I don't like upsetting Bip and posting in his bog thing , so i will post it here , why rather than start a new topics every time use the search facility (top right) and try and find something that's related to your topic in question which also bumps an old topic ? I now never ever try and start a new topic , i find an old one and hijack that.

In many forums it is highly frowned upon to post in the wrong area or an innapropriate reply in

a thread. Some of the admins in these are quite officious in there duties.

There is also a pretty standard unwritten rule in most, of searching forum before asking a question.

Here once a rerlevant thread has been found, further questions or information can be added.

There is an apparent reluctance to start new threads, and I often wonder why this is?

Then decide which of the 75 plus forums to post it in !

Drury Hill gets a mention in 23 different topics in 9 different sub forums + Av Yer Say + / Members Blogs / Web Sites about old Nottingham / 60's Nottingham / OLD MAPS OF NOTTINGHAM / General Chat about Nottingham / 70's Nottingham / HELP NEEDED! / Owt' Abaaht Nowt ! / Do we need any more ?

There was also one in Nottstalgia Music Chat (General)

Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll - Ian Drury

But that was Ian Dury !!

Thread highjacking is a no no too! You get your rear end kicked for transgressions on a satellite forum I go to, highjacking and flaming just aren't accepted practice.

That’s most considerate of you Red but I do ask questions in some of my Blog posts, then suppose I ask for whatever I get posted back.

I’ve come to accept now that certain people no matter how much I asks them not to will post replies, maybe I should refrain from asking questions, seems the logical thing to me to do but I’ve come to enjoy some but not all retorts, I’ve even get a cheep thrill out of some of them, maybe not a normal reaction for some people but I find them reassuringly amusing and comforting.

Bip.

• 1 month later...

BUMP.......I thought i would bump this thread as i thought it quite apropriate in the climate I find myself in.

Bip.