Any of you folks in here go to 'The Cocked Hat' rock 'n' roll in the 70's & 80's.? 'Cos Hodgo(Clive) is holding a Cocked Hat reunion on 27th march 2009 at 'The New Venture Club(formerly Plessey Club).Technology Drive. Station Road. Beeston. 100 yards past Beeston station. He'll look forward to seeing many old faces. Baz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've always found quickies to be enjoyable, Blondie. I like a quick drink every now and then. (What were you thinking?)

I had my first ever pint in the Cocked Hat. I lived just behind the pub on Withern Road and as a kid in the summer used to sit in the garden at the back with a bottle of pop and a packet of Smiths cri

At lunchtime on the day that England won the World Cup in 1966 I played in a band at the Cocked Hat. Can't remember the name of the band or even too much about the day (except for England winning of

Presumably we refer to the pub on Broxtowe Lane?

In the 50's and 60's, when I was a patron, it was a notoriously violent place - hence my observation. Recall that I had a mild-mannered neighbour who once called in 'for a quiet drink' and who came out needing 27 stitches!

Cheers

Robt P.

Presumably we refer to the pub on Broxtowe Lane?

In the 50's and 60's, when I was a patron, it was a notoriously violent place - hence my observation. Recall that I had a mild-mannered neighbour who once called in 'for a quiet drink' and who came out needing 27 stitches!

Cheers

Robt P.

That to sounds familiar. Baz

When i lived up Broxtowe ( woodfield rd ) i got broke into and all my stuff was sold the day after in the cocked hat.....Dont suppose i was the only one either.

I too lived on Woodfield road (circa 1971-1975), number 115. Got broke into the night I was rushed into hospital. Came home 4 weeks later to empty meters, broken window and less furniture. Great Christmas that was!

• 3 months later...