• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've always found quickies to be enjoyable, Blondie. I like a quick drink every now and then. (What were you thinking?)

I had my first ever pint in the Cocked Hat. I lived just behind the pub on Withern Road and as a kid in the summer used to sit in the garden at the back with a bottle of pop and a packet of Smiths cri

At lunchtime on the day that England won the World Cup in 1966 I played in a band at the Cocked Hat. Can't remember the name of the band or even too much about the day (except for England winning of

I can remember the Cocked Hat, what a dump it was, but it was lively and fun, there were some good groups on from time to time -----My hubby ran a butcher's shop at the bottom of Bells Lane with his dad, Joe Taylor & Son for years, we lived there and sometimes walked up there for a quickie.........very njoyable...

Hi Blondie, I can remember the butchers, my husband lived in Harpenden Sq just up the road from the shop. Your husband would probably know Terry Taylor my brother-in-law.

I've always found quickies to be enjoyable, Blondie. I like a quick drink every now and then. (What were you thinking?) :biggrin:

You mean you don't know - Must show you sometime, I think I can still remember ............ :sleeping:

• Upvote 1

# 42 - Anne Marie , Welcome ............Are you Anne Marie Fitzwater from Bells Lane ?

Hi Blondie, I can remember the butchers, my husband lived in Harpenden Sq just up the road from the shop. Your husband would probably know Terry Taylor my brother-in-law.

Hi Val, My hubbys says he can remember Terry and wishes to be remembered to him............. Oh Happy days......

• Upvote 1

hellothere I'm glad to say that I remember 'The Cocked Hat' in its heyday: Summer Sunday evenings spent running around its Rose Gardens with sister and friends whilst mum, dad and relations sat laughing and talking, enjoying a well earnt drink before the busyness of another Monday morning. :biggrin:

PS: Could write loads on the loveliness of the once 'Cocked Hat'........................

They are the memories that I have of the Cocked Hat. A game of skittles and a bag of chips on the walk back home to Withern Road.

• 5 months later...

I've spent a few bob in there in my lifetime.

• 1 year later...

I was in the Army and used here every Sunday dinnertime when we were stationed in the UK. My mate used to live just down road from there. Used to meet him and his dad and, on occasions, his brother in law who was in the RAF. A few pints and off home for Sunday dinner then back in the evening for "ONE FOR THE ROAD" before  driving to Bestwood to pick up another mate and the drive back to camp

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...