Come on then what did Santa bring you for Crimbo ?

24 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

I got a pair of Dubarry Boots, just what I’ve always wanted ....... well what I set my heart on about 2 months ago anyway!   Not the make of boots that are necessary or common in the suburbs of Nottingham as they’re classed as ‘country boots’ but I love ‘em.  Trouble is, I need help getting them off so if I wear them when my husband is away I’ll have to sleep in them smile2

I have a pair of Dubarry boots had them for 8 years they just won't wear out, do a lot of walking they are so comfortable.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best present possible...we've managed to rescue a young female cat from a breeder who treated her appallingly. 8 litters in the last 2 or 3 years. She's thin as a shoelace, tatty, covered in fleas

I got a 'Painting by Numbers', a Rupert Annual, chocolate Santa and an orange, really happy!  

What a lovely relaxing Christmas Day, for the first time in 68yrs I have had my Christmas Dinner in a Pub. A very nice experience I must say, delicious food and no pots to wash after. It is very much

Some good reading in the form of....Nottinghamshires Lost Railways by Neil Burgess. Smoke Across the Fells by Michael Welch. Nottinghamshire Steam Railways in the 60's Vol 2 by Colin Wright, and British Railways, the first 25 years Vol 1 by J Allen & A Murray.

• 1 year later...

Jameson's, Gordon's gin, 2x Jack Daniels, boxers, sat nav, map, three railway books, a book of walks, a map, Lynyrd Skynyrd DVD and three CD's, various vouchers, garden ornament, 2 jumpers, T shirt, tracks bottoms, ugh, plus loads of choccy stuff !

1 hour ago, carni said:

Chanel No 5. Don't need it, but so glad he bought it!

Of course you don’t NEED it Carni but what a lovely present.  A squirt of that and some red lippy and hit the town gal :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

We got a lovely food hamper from the kids and a couple of boxes of chocolate biscuits from neighbours.  But we didn't buy anything for each other .... I know it's strange, but that's just us!!

• Like 1

Most things a total surprise... Lots of wine and brandy. Chocolate Sprouts.  2 big bottles of Paul Smith 'Men' 'Extreme'.  The only EDT I can use without it feeling oily on my skin and getting up my nose. A small camera drone. ( Not for use anywhere near Gatwick..) Bamboo socks. Assorted travel items for my trip to Mexico in March.  And the 3CD remaster of the Beatles White Album including the Esher Demos.

:)

• Upvote 1

Didn't get much a manicure and facial appointments , chocs and a car ( birthday and Christmas pressy) 

• Like 1

Got the feral sis in law staying for ten days, so we might take her out tomorrow, and give my new sat nav a whirl.

That'll be absolutely wonderful won't it ? Three women telling me what to do !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What annoys me about my satnav is that when the woman is giving vocal instructions it’s always when something really interesting is on the radio.  I drive along telling her to shut up but she doesn’t listen to me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I tell Mrs Fly the same, then silence ensues for a while. She also yaps when the Radio 2 traffic report lady is on. Unbelievable.

7 hours ago, FLY2 said:

...... give my new sat nav a whirl.

That'll be absolutely wonderful won't it ? Three women telling me what to do !

Couldn't you  change the Sat Nav to a male voice if you have that option?  

I've not looked yet Margie, but I'll leave it as it is. As you know, the I love my maps, so I invariably only have to visit a place once for it to sink in. I rarely use satnavs, and often just ignore it, and go my own way. As it was a present, I'll have to find new roads to travel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, LizzieM said:

What annoys me about my satnav is that when the woman is giving vocal instructions it’s always when something really interesting is on the radio.  I drive along telling her to shut up but she doesn’t listen to me. 

Do any of them listen. Last one I had kept sending me round in circles. At the end I had to ask 3 old men the way. They didnt know either.

• Upvote 1

I just release my pent up emotions, and swear repeatedly at mine.  Oh, you mean the sat nav. Yes, I swear at that too.  

• Like 2
11 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Diamonds :rolleyes:

Come on tell us more. For fingers, neck,wrist  or ears ? Well done Roger you know she's worth it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1