Come on then what did Santa bring you for Crimbo ?

3 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

I just release my pent up emotions, and swear repeatedly at mine.  Oh, you mean the sat nav. Yes, I swear at that too.  

Now then Fly you don't really do that, its better to swear at your satnav, at least it won't answer back.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best present possible...we've managed to rescue a young female cat from a breeder who treated her appallingly. 8 litters in the last 2 or 3 years. She's thin as a shoelace, tatty, covered in fleas

I got a 'Painting by Numbers', a Rupert Annual, chocolate Santa and an orange, really happy!  

What a lovely relaxing Christmas Day, for the first time in 68yrs I have had my Christmas Dinner in a Pub. A very nice experience I must say, delicious food and no pots to wash after. It is very much

Decided to do a silly Christmas this year and. Relative and I went to Poundstretcher with £20 clutched in our eager hands. The challenge was to spend it there on an assortment of things (silly, useful, useless and “haven’t got one but need one desperately”). Unfortunately I have had a really heavy cold over Christmas so didn’t do present exchange until yesterday as I quarantined myself, didn’t want to pass it on. I got dates, various chocolate, tea towels, shower puffs, Yorkshire decaf teabags, a large scoop type thing, oven gloves and some other bits & pieces. She got walrus hot water bottle, Aussie shampoo (2 bottles shampoo & conditioner to make her hair shine), shower gel, chrome loo brush & holder, fat balls (for bird table), fluffy dog, washing machine cleaner, Johnson’s baby powder and some other bits. Think she was impressed with loo brush and holder! Only £1.99 but looked expensive!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fly, if your satnav is a Tom Tom, you can download lots of voices onto it. Mine is a years old 4*3 tom tom one and I have Homer or Marge Simpson on it, along with mister Burns. And no it's NOT MargieH. My favourite voice is the robotic Cyclon from the TV series. ( Homer can be hilarious).

• Upvote 2

Joanna Lumley's voice would be OK. I probably wouldn't swear at her smile2

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Fly, if your satnav is a Tom Tom, you can download lots of voices onto it. Mine is a years old 4*3 tom tom one and I have Homer or Marge Simpson on it, along with mister Burns. And no it's NOT MargieH. My favourite voice is the robotic Cyclon from the TV series. ( Homer can be hilarious).

It certainly wouldn't be me as I don't speak with an American accent.  I suppose I now speak with a bit of a Cambs fen accent?  although I lapse back into good old Nottingham when I visit.   Also,  I am Margie with a hard 'g'  btw, NOT  Marjie and I don't have blue hair!   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My husband had a Satnav (just had to change that, iPad changed it to Satan, probably appropriate) with Star Wars voices on, Darth Vader was a bit off putting and the character that says things back to front was hilarious (sorry can’t remember his name). I wanted John Wayne on it but hubby said he wasn’t on it, I did know someone who had him on their answerphone though. So we ended up with a very curt lady who got quite annoyed when she had to recalibrate, which was often with my husband, he always thought he knew a better way than the satnav.

7 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

All ladies of a ‘certain age’ used to have blue hair. 

Why did they chose blue ?   It's not an obvious or natural colour.

They were the same old ladies who sit around eating and drinking whilst still wearing their hats.  Why was that ?

19 minutes ago, MargieH said:

It certainly wouldn't be me as I don't speak with an American accent.  I suppose I now speak with a bit of a Cambs fen accent?  although I lapse back into good old Nottingham when I visit.   Also,  I am Margie with a hard 'g'  btw, NOT  Marjie and I don't have blue hair!   

Would your satnav say, " at two hundred yards, turn roight, that's it, proper job !!

Didn't think you had Margie just thought I'd try and add a little brevity to the day. Some of my best friends come from Cambs. (Including you !).

HAPPY NEW YEAR. 

• Like 1

BK. where (approx) do your  Cambs friends live?  i.e. in which huge field or by which sluggish river or drain/cut?   Or maybe they live in the posher area round Cambridge, which btw is certainly not posh everywhere!    People who live in the fenlands say they love it because of the vast skies....  I prefer the woods and hills in Notts and Derbyshire.   Each to their own, I suppose

1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

I purchased the Existentialist version:

"At the next trombone ..circle an Arapahoe ...thricely.".

Wot are you on about?????

• Like 1

Two of my friends live in Peterborough, Margie. Tina has a cousin who lives in Woodbridge, but that doesn't count does it? Used to love doing deliveries in and around Fenland. It's lovely and flat. My favourites were Ely, March, Chatteris Long Sutton etc. Had some lovely coffees in Ely cathedral.

• Upvote 1

Lived in Peterborough for a while BK,,,late 70s.....and worked all over East Anglia inc.Ely stopped at the Lamb hotel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

kNew the Wavy line shops very well..........very strong in East Anglia.......main competion to the VG stores who i was Sales manager for,,,,used to canvass Wavy-lines,,trying to convert them over to us...........some great working times.

• Like 1

I used to organise 'Recruitment Campaigns,,all over the country,but when in East Anglia our main targets were the Wavy-line stores,,,,funny thing was i got to know my opposite number with them,, and often met for a drink and sometimes Coffee's in Norwich..........We had a good understanding and sometimes both of us decided to concentrate on 'Spar' and 'Vivo' stores,,  happy days indeed,, 

• Like 2

Woolwich road ? do you know where?............Think Wavy-line only had one store in Nottingham,,,half way up Derby road going from town on the left...

Edit,,    no im wrong that was / is a Bugdens.........caught a famous footballer shoplifting there,,,

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

Why did they chose blue ?   It's not an obvious or natural colour.

They were the same old ladies who sit around eating and drinking whilst still wearing their hats.  Why was that ?

Usually for those who smoked , to counteract the yellow from smoke. Also if their hair wasnt quite snow white. Often it was exagerated but a touch of blue made a big difference

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
17 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Usually for those who smoked , to counteract the yellow from smoke. Also if their hair wasnt quite snow white. Often it was exagerated but a touch of blue made a big difference

This should be in the topic 'you learn something new every day'.   I never knew this was the reason for the 'blue rinse' 

• Like 1