Come on then what did Santa bring you for Crimbo ?

Me & Mrs Red had a new TV for Christmas think she got the remote ?

Socks with Dad on them x 3.

2 books Dark Heart by Nick Davis " the shocking truth about hidden Britain " and a digital field guide.

Joop! aftershave.

1lt Bells / 1.5lts Baileys / Bottle Jameson's / Bottle Jim Beam White / Bottle Jack Daniels.

Camera bag.

Plus An WiFi 30GB Portable Media Player 4.3" Touch Screen , which proved to be an amazing gadget until an unresolvable error combined with the above spirits resulted in the horrible thing finding itself embedded in my living room wall, very satisfying.

IMGP0671.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best present possible...we've managed to rescue a young female cat from a breeder who treated her appallingly. 8 litters in the last 2 or 3 years. She's thin as a shoelace, tatty, covered in fleas

I got a 'Painting by Numbers', a Rupert Annual, chocolate Santa and an orange, really happy!  

What a lovely relaxing Christmas Day, for the first time in 68yrs I have had my Christmas Dinner in a Pub. A very nice experience I must say, delicious food and no pots to wash after. It is very much

4 books, Tin of Biccies, My Airfix kit, Tube of Skittles, Case of mixed fine wines, Pierre Cardin soft leather wallet, A chocolate bell, and £265 towards another new lens , (Only need another £85, any donations gratefully recieved)

Many thanks to all my relatives and friends .

Hope you all had a good christmas. Happy new year to you all.

I got a new coat and celine dion cd from hubby plus smelly sets etc for my birthday.

Purse,chocs (3 different sorts) paul o grady autobiography,set of mugs with cats on,apron and oven glove set with cats on, 3 bath sets and metallicas new cd (we are going to see them in feb at nottingham arena.

• 7 years later...

Fly fishing boat seat, Silky Zubat arborists saw (the dogs), A nice single malt, Various fine wines and cheeses. Water colour of the Trip and an Enid Blyton book 'Five on Brexit Island' :rolleyes:

Absolute meyhem here with the dogs bouncing about among the discarded pile of prezzie wrappings while excitedly towsing their new toys. Can't imagine what it will be like when the other half of the family arrive at midday. 

• Upvote 1

Jack Daniels, Bells, Jameson's X 2, Pinot Grigio, various types of socks, 3 X T shirts, 2 X tracky bottoms, 3 railway books, 3 WW1 books, 2 WW2 books, mobile phone, Warren Haynes CD's, Aynsley Dunbar CD, shortbread, fudge, liqueurs, mint chocolates, cherry & almond cake, rum truffles, dates stuffed with walnuts, various vouchers, other choccy things, 400w work saw, bird feeders, nut holders, loads of different bird food. Brilliant !

The best present possible...we've managed to rescue a young female cat from a breeder who treated her appallingly. 8 litters in the last 2 or 3 years. She's thin as a shoelace, tatty, covered in fleas and matted up...but she's free now and there will be no more kittens, just good food, tlc and a happy life ahead. That is worth more to me than the crown jewels!  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 8
40 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Jack Daniels, Bells, Jameson's X 2, Pinot Grigio, various types of socks, 3 X T shirts, 2 X tracky bottoms, 3 railway books, 3 WW1 books, 2 WW2 books, mobile phone, Warren Haynes CD's, Aynsley Dunbar CD, shortbread, fudge, liqueurs, mint chocolates, cherry & almond cake, rum truffles, dates stuffed with walnuts, various vouchers, other choccy things, 400w work saw, bird feeders, nut holders, loads of different bird food. Brilliant !

You must be popular! enjoy.

• Upvote 1

We had several boxes of chocs and biscuits, but people made the mistake of giving them to us early last week....  We decided we didn't want too many on Christmas Day, so we opened them - one each day or so - and most have already been eaten!  

Paul and I don't give each other presents - we have all we need or want - and if we do need new clothes or anything else during the year, we just go out and get them.  It sounds a bit boring, I know, but it suits us.  I love Christmas Day, though, as once the dinner's been sorted, I don't have to do anything else.

One  of the funniest presents was a box of shortbread from an older person who had obviously forgotten that they'd already been opened!  Half-gone in fact (perhaps some would say that it described the person who gave it to us, but that would be very unkind - it's the thought that counts)

• Upvote 2

We don't bother with Christmas presents for each other either Margie, we bought something for each other while we were out yesterday, token pressies so to speak.  We don't NEED anything but if we do we'll go and buy it.  Our kids are just as difficult to buy for nowadays.  I don't have trouble buying gifts for the grandchildren though.  It's not important to us to receive presents, the important thing is that others are happy.  

Our two sons are the other side of the World on holiday at this time, something I'm sad about but they've both Facetimed us today and to see them having a lovely time makes us very happy.  We had a Christmas meal with them all before they jetted off, that was our special day.

• Upvote 5

Well Ian ! I thought you were the man who had everything. If they can't buy it, then you don't need it. 

I'm sure your kids would get anything you need, just as mine would for me.