Come on then what did Santa bring you for Crimbo ?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best present possible...we've managed to rescue a young female cat from a breeder who treated her appallingly. 8 litters in the last 2 or 3 years. She's thin as a shoelace, tatty, covered in fleas

I got a 'Painting by Numbers', a Rupert Annual, chocolate Santa and an orange, really happy!  

What a lovely relaxing Christmas Day, for the first time in 68yrs I have had my Christmas Dinner in a Pub. A very nice experience I must say, delicious food and no pots to wash after. It is very much

Look at my Avatar, why do you think I wear a hat ? Used to have a full beard but when that turned grey, off it came.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

I’m sure one of our experts can confirm (or contradict) this, but I once read that it’s not really accurate to say your hair’s turning grey/white, because what’s actually happening is that it’s returning to its natural state.

In its basic state hair is white, but in your younger days there is an amount of colouring which makes it brown or black or whatever.

As you get older, that colouring fades away, so you’re left with grey/white, which is what everyone starts with.

Grey really is a misnomer. White hairs appear as we get older and mixed with blond or brown or black hair makes it appear grey but the lighter hairs are really white. The more white hairs appear up goes the percentage. ( white and coloured)

My husband’s mousey coloured hair turned white when he was in his 30s.  He was very blond as a child.  

I’m a bit grey I think, not had chance to find out for the past 15 years or so. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I've been colouring my hair on and off (mostly on!) since I was a teenager.... it's still in good condition though.  Never had it coloured at a hairdresser - always done it myself

• Like 1

My hair started to sport silver strays in my early 20s. My natural colour was brunette but my sister's hair was almost black and her silver threads were apparent from 18 onwards. When your hair is dark, they show up.

I coloured my hair for years...a pain because it was very long. Eventually, in my late 40s, I let it grow out but although people thought I'd had the silver streaks put in professionally, I didn't like its appearance, so went back to colouring it again.  In my late 50s, I let it grow out again and had it cut short.

It's now 80% silver/white but looks blonde from a distance because there is still some original colour left. Didn't like it short so I've let it grow again. Usually wear it up.

Don't really know whether I like it or not but just can't be bothered to start colouring again!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've been a bottle blonde for most of my life, like Margie  mostly home coloured.

A few years ago I decided I couldn't be bothered anymore. The roots needed doing more often and I don''t like todays trend of dark roots showing, so now I have strange shade changing hair depending on the light, sometimes medium grey, light grey, blondish, but always have a dark clump on the top left side of my fringe.

Very odd! The opposite of the 'Mallen Streak (Catherine Cookson'. The  offspring of the naughty Mr Mallen always had a genetic white streak at the front of their hair.

• Like 4

From the age of 15 being a hairdresser I always coloured my hair. Anything from platinum to rosy grey to red. Forced into having to stop colouring it through chemo I hated it and wondered what I'd look like never having really seen the regrowth properly. However it was recommended to have my hair cut short which is what I did. That way most of the colour was cut out. Embarrassed  we passed through the market on our way home and I bought a load of hats. Entering the house where everyone was waiting for me I expected them all to laugh so before I took my hat off I told them that if they laughed I wouldnt talk to them again. They all liked it short ( no compliments given at all). I kept it like that for a long time but then decided that I wanted it to look different. Its still short but my daughter keeps asking me to have it cut short again like it was during chemo. I'm thinking about it. And I never did wear the hats, I bought a wig too because I wasnt sure whether I would lose all my hair or not . I didnt.

• Upvote 2

I started having my hair coloured when it went “salt & pepper” which I didn’t like. Had it dark red (the colour of a good port) for years. When I moved down here decided to have a change (new start and all that) and am now a reddish brown with blonde and lighter brown streaks, took some getting use to after the red but am happy with it now. I decided to grow it as well, am at the awkward stage at the moment where it isn’t quite long enough to do anything with, drives me mad some days. My dad had marvellous white hair when he was older (he started going grey in his twenties, think it is a family thing) and if mine goes that colour then I would consider stopping colouring mine. I think it is a case of what you feel comfortable with.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
On 12/27/2017 at 4:26 PM, FLY2 said:

I have the right idea. I buy madam what I like. Lindor, Galaxy, rum truffles, and even more Lindor. Soooo sickly, but lovely !

On 12/25/2016 at 10:43 AM, FLY2 said:

rum truffles

On 12/26/2015 at 12:21 AM, FLY2 said:

rum truffles

On 6/24/2015 at 8:23 AM, FLY2 said:

so I scoffed the box of rum truffles I purchased from the Duty Free shop at Calais.

Someone likes his truffles? I once trained my Jack Russell to sniff out truffles, Thornton's where not best pleased.

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...

Must have been good boy? 3 x litre bottles of Famous Grouse, bottle Jamson, bottle Baileys, new Nottingham Forest mug, track top & 2 T-shirts, Pure XS Paco Rabanne, Hush Puppie slippers, boxers shortbread, Ferraro Rochers, Munchies & Fruit Pastilles & fifty quid. 

Hi  what a lot of presents you have, you must have been a very good boy?

1/ Get blind drunk

2/ Well at least they are now winning a few matches.

3/ Your smell reminds me of XS Paco Rabanne 

4/ Hush Puppies slippers (thank goodness not a real puppy)

5/   Made with butter and love 

6/ Every Christmas some/one/some/where/ buys ?

7/£50 quide   How about next meet up you buy the drinks.

sorry Ian could not resist  Have a Great New Year.

Buy your drinks anytime @mary1947funnily enough I’m having trouble spending dosh, nipped out early @ half time against Hull get the lads a round in, my mate came to help me carry them, I thought he’d paid, he thought I’d paid, works out no one paid, love this contactless.

Took a stroll into town Christmas Eve dinner for a few Three Crowns, Coach & Horses & Dog & Partridge, I have no patience @ the bar let Mrs Red deal with it, every-time she returned she said such & such paid, cheers! The NCT bus app wouldn’t work to buy a ticket home, driver “Just get on”

Mrs Reds Mum cooked & brought the massive turkey with them to save on oven space, asked how much I owed said the butcher would take no payment. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, radfordred said:

Buy your drinks anytime @mary1947funnily enough I’m having trouble spending dosh, nipped out early @ half time against Hull get the lads a round in, my mate came to help me carry them, I thought he’d paid, he thought I’d paid, works out no one paid, love this contactless.

Took a stroll into town Christmas Eve dinner for a few Three Crowns, Coach & Horses & Dog & Partridge, I have no patience @ the bar let Mrs Red deal with it, every-time she returned she said such & such paid, cheers! The NCT bus app wouldn’t work to buy a ticket home, driver “Just get on”

Mrs Reds Mum cooked & brought the massive turkey with them to save on oven space, asked how much I owed said the butcher would take no payment. 

Glad it worked in your favour, lord knows weve spent enough in the past COYR

6 hours ago, radfordred said:

Not sure I fancy snogging a bloke with a beard & full sack :Shock: @Brew

In this day and age how do you know it's a bloke?....

Not tried it? don't knock it...     lips0

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

A Barber coat I’d tried on a few times, but the price put me off, MrsRed reckons she got £70 quid knocked off :blink:

A pair of Clark’s Wallabees I’d tried on a few times that MrsRed said she’d found £80 cheaper online  :blink:

A dead smart Napapijri semiury bobble hat I’d admired 

3 x litre bottles of Famous Grouse  

Baileys

Jumper

Socks

PJ bottoms

Granpa baby shark mug

5 Starbars 

Cheers Santa thanks for dropping by x 

We treated ourselves to a new P.C.

There's not much I need, but I got wine, gin, brandy, warm hat, a couple of books. One daughter bought us RHS Membership, which is nice.

I also got my fab 'I Have it on Vinyl' socks! :laugh:

Best present of all was yesterday when we all gathered at oldest daughter's house. Watching the amazement, hero worship and joy in 18 month old Granddaughter Soleil's eyes, as 8 year old Granddaughter Grace gave an impromptu Flute recital, was pure magic..

• Like 3

There is nothing better than spending time with grand children at Christmas. Mine are now grown up but I was with two of my grandsons and the partner of one,  she has fitted in with the family completely and to hear the banter between all three of them was entertaining.

• Like 4