Nigel Clough to take over at Derby

They've just announced that young Nige is taking over at Derby, it won't be easy after his quiet life at Burton for the last ten years.

I wonder if he'll turn up for the Forest game with his red and white scarf on like he did in the old days when he were a lad, I doubt whether his new employers would like that.

It has been an open secret for about a week that he was going there. He was one of the commentators on the Blythe / Blackburn game last night, and I was surprised that they didn't push him on the subject.

He has done wonders with Burton Albion , from the doldrums to the top of the Blue Square premier. Well done to the lad , his dad would be very proud of him

Agreed, I've always thought that his talents shown at Burton would suit a top club, I always thought he'd end up in charge of Forest though, plenty of time for that I expect, knowing these fickle clubs.

Agreed, I've always thought that his talents shown at Burton would suit a top club, I always thought he'd end up in charge of Forest though, plenty of time for that I expect, knowing these fickle clubs.

I agree. Should be a coupla good games coming up soon. Cup & League. I wish him good luck, except when they play Forest.

• 1 year later...

'scuse my ignorance, but is he any relation to the late Brian??

Robbie Savage is also a deluded Tw*t (And you can think that says twit if you like )

Pulls himself out of the Welsh squad because he falls out with the manager and thinks he's better than the squad and manager! Then spits his dummy 'cause the new manager won't pick him!!

In 2005 he gets a transfer from Birmingham City to Blackburn Rovers "To be nearer my family" who live in Wrexham.

Birmingham > Wrexham 57 miles, Blackburn> Wrexham 59 miles !!! Go Figure!!

He is a 'Dirty player' and tries to emulate , "Vinny Jones" and Roy Keane" but he ain't fit ter lace their drinks !!!

(You may be able to gather that I don't particularly like our Mr Savage !!!)

• 2 weeks later...

He is a 'Dirty player' and tries to emulate , "Vinny Jones" and Roy Keane" but he ain't fit ter lace their drinks !!!

(You may be able to gather that I don't particularly like our Mr Savage !!!)

Agree totally. Savage is a good example of many of the things wrong with the game today. Not even what I'd call a 'hard man'.

• 1 month later...

Serves him right, did I mention that I can't stand Robbie Savage???

• Upvote 1

Some of these so called hard guys should come up against a hockey player, Ice, barriers, and the plexi glass are a teensy bit harder than grass and astro turf, and it's very rare to see a hockey player moaning when they are slammed into any of them.

Yeah, but the hockey players are wearing a LITTLE more protective clothing! tanning.gif

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Accountants run clubs now.

They think that splashing cash (a bit of cash in Derby's case) will buy success.

Nige did a decent job at Derby - certainly as good as the 'stream' of managers they had up to 2009.

I'd love to know who they think is going magically produce a promotion place for Derby instead of him.

Paolo Di Canio maybe ?