I'm having to take warm water up to the chicken coup early every morning. Their drinking bucket has been freezing solid for the past week or so. They are always pleased to see me and have a good old guzzle of water. :cheers:

21 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

What would you do here DJ it has been -46 here all week going down to -51 at night trusty Toyota started every time on its 12 year old battery but the suspension being stiff it was like riding on a board suppose to warm up to -15 on Monday.

Ian..it's easy.  We Brits deal with excessive Mediterranean heat by describing it as 'a different kind of heat'.  So, I'd probably  just describe Canadian conditions as a 'a different kind of cowd'. ;)

In all seriousness though.. it's not so much the cold..as the wind chill.  Walking on a crisp but still day can be a delight.  Walking into the teeth of an icy gale is a different thing altogether, especially if you have cardiovascular disease.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/precautions-people-with-heart-disease-3863189

I'm still carting soil and rubble to a skip but the ground is concrete hard so having to pickaxe it out. Been loading the wheelbarrow with large slabs of frozen soil. Getting thicker by the day. Soon be permafrost! :(

PP., do let us know if you dig up a Mammoth when you're down to the permafrost. They were still thriving in Staffs., up to the Bronze age.