Those of us who were born in the late 40's and early 50's, we enjoyed some of the best music around, from late 50's to 60's groups, a total revolution in pop music, right up to disco! :o

Yes Agreed

Feel sorry for kids today, music generated by groups manufactured by the Moguls.

Re hashed oldies, by artists with no talent!

When exactly did 'The Music Die" ?

Not really sure Mick, but watched a show last night on TV, Chuck Berry, on of Rocks greatest with Keith Richards at a concert they did in St Louis, Julian Lennon was a guest, though not a patch on his late Dad!

But to see the rehersals then the show, what great performers!

mick2me Posted on Mar 2 2005, 05:56 PM

Yes Agreed

Feel sorry for kids today, music generated by groups manufactured by the Moguls.

Re hashed oldies, by artists with no talent!

:D I totally agree, groups like The Beach Boys, who never copied anyones stye, Tonge in cheek....I'm waiting for a smack in the gob....

mick2me Posted on Mar 2 2005, 05:56 PM

:angry: In the late eighties and nineties with the intrusion of PUNK... I really never got over that Crap :angry:

post-9-1109850178_thumb.jpg

I'd say the mid to late 80's is when I went almost totally country and western :rolleyes:

Why's that Caz?? Thats when so many Oz C&W stars came into being, and down here where I live now it's all C&W! We are not that far from Nashiville in Tennessee and just an hour or so away from Branson Missouri's C&W capital.

John

Hey, who's that Country singer hottie from down under?! Caz, you must know who he is? Country is sounding so much less like country nowadays, I'm surprised you aren't listening to it. There are still a few REAL country singers left (like my favorite, George Strait) but all the young ones seem to have morphed it into pop. Trying to get a bigger fan base I guess. ;)

You don't mean Keith Urban, do you Cali?

Yeah, that's the one! Could use a bit of a haircut, but otherwise he's positively yummy!

Sorry you guys I just can't get into C&W music, never have. Every time I think of it I get this horrible picture in my head of Bootscooting & it makes my stomach churn :(

:D Hi Caz & Cali Gal, I know very little about Country Music but it sounds as it is going the way Jazz did a few years ago, luckly jazz is going back to it's roots once again.....Greaaaaaaaaaaat :rolleyes:

B) Caz what's Bootscooting.............Has it got anything to do with line dancing ?

post-9-1110017646_thumb.jpg

Yes i'm afraid so BIP, just the thought of it send shivers down my spine :(

Countries loke Jazz, so many different styles Caz, I like the Johnnie Cash, Willie Nelson style, all this Rockabilly stuff, gives me a headache :ph34r:

I've heard of Pete Seeger Mick, but not yours, but then again, who over the age of 50 hasn't heard of Pete Seeger ;)

Do any of you know who sang a song called The man from Nazareth. I don't think it is a religious song as the title infers, I have been told it was sung by Lorne Green but I thought he was the owner of the Ponderosa in Bonanza.

Am I totally up the wrong path??

A ;)

do you know roughly what year it would have been?

if you check this link HERE and look at track number 30

there's a Man from Nazareth by John Paul Jones, circa 1971.

I would assume it is the same JPJ who played with Led Zeppelin from around that era! .. could this be the one? :unsure:

ilko..

Me finks it may be "Put your Hand In The Hand" Done by Ocean written by Canadian Gene Maclellan. 1971

I've heard of Pete Seeger Mick, but not yours, but then again, who over the age of 50 hasn't heard of Pete Seeger ;)

You need to check out Bob Seger, 'Stranger in Town' Album

Every track is a winner

Stranger In Town [Remaster] (1978)

Artist: Bob Seger & Silver Bullet Band

Label Name: Capitol/EMI Records

Release Date: 09/2001

Tracklist

1 - Hollywood Nights 6 - Ain't Got No Money

2 - Still The Same 7 - We've Got Tonite

3 - Old Time Rock & Roll 8 - Brave Strangers

4 - Till It Shines 9 - Famous Final Scene, The

5 - Feel Like A Number