• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley

Please can you explain what you are talking about, what court case, who are pillocks and why, news travels slowly in darkest Essex, they (Genuinely!!) think that Northampton and Nottingham are the same place down here, no kidding.

I quite like the badge, it's more traditional, without a camel or palm tree in sight.

News don't get up here too quick either , so I too would like a clue as to what has been happening at 'The Lane'

Ta

Nottingham Rugby Club had been playing matches at Meadow Lane (paying, but cream crackering the pitch) after losing their Beeston ground, as soon as new owners took over they said they were cancelling the agreement, appears that NRC had valid contract and took NCFC to high court who ordered that it be honoured and rugby matches played there all next season

• Upvote 1

Thanks Ashley, no doubt that the judge is some establishment, old boy, rugby favouring tosser, possibly enjoyed himself being thrust against the toilet wall by sweaty Etonian bully boys.

Simple solution, let every dog in the city crap themselves daft on the pitch before each rugby match, they won't like throwing themselves about and churning up the pitch then, will they, I'm sure Ulrika will be pleased to get her doggy bag out before each subsequent County match.

• 2 years later...

A Notts County player made a little piece of football history on Saturday, any body know what it was ??

Nice little piece on East Midland Today this evening featuring a reception at the Council House for Notts's upcoming 150th anniversary.

A few old-timers there I recognise and an interview with black and white stalwart Colin Slater. Colin related the Notts line-up for his first game covering the Magpies in 1959. He was also asked who his favourite player was during his time covering Notts. Perhaps no surprise when he mentioned Don Masson.

Easily my favourite Notts player too (I'm post Lawton) and for me, a genius of a player. I don't think I have ever seen a better all-round passer of the ball anywhere. His play-making was magnificent but sadly lost on many of his team mates during the lower division days as he was thinking far too quickly for them (and conservatively three passes ahead).

Looking forwards to Saturdays visit to Meadow Lane, for this hospitality do !

Tickets arrived , all nicely embosed and hologrammed , as is my pass to the 1862 suite, pass to the Wheelers Suite for the man of the match presentations, all posh and well presented , especially the meal menu............................................. Pie Chips and Peas !!.......LOL

• 3 years later...

How about this for a Dream Nottingham football club,Notts and Forest join forces,

Call it Notts Forest

build the stadium on Bulwell Forest

call it the Riverleno

make the colours Green

team nickname,the Bogsiders'

get a local Manager,

Develop local players,................ok just a dream :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Just a dream! Keep off the cheese before you go to bed. Anyway, I don't like it - all those noisy ratbags flooding down Bestwood Park Drive West on a Satdy ; would lower the tone of the area.

That's no dream.... It's a nightmare !!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I did hear that many years ago Forest tried to buy the High school playing fields on Valley rd,but were turned down because of the proximity of the 'City hospital'

Anyway good luck to 'County today'..............last match decides on relegation or not.

• Upvote 1

Still dreaming about the 'Riverleno' stadium,.......we could have 'Nottstalgia way' with statues lining the way of,..Clough,Taylor,Sirrell,Wheeler,Lawton, Burkett, and many more,....

I used to work with (and play darts with) a man who had played in goal for Notts County many years ago. He is 89; his name is Ken Smith, and he is still alive. Is he the oldest ex-player I wonder?

Three goals in the last two minutes. What the hell were they thinking of ?

Play your hearts till the final whistle !!!!!!!

We're no better though !!!!

I think I'll support Burton Albion now. !!!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Notts County