GAS, do you have to be corgi registered?

about 4ft 10ins, changing the subject my son played me an interesting cd the other day, Hayseed Dixie, had been to see them at Rock City, said good. He lives at Eastwood and used to play in a band who practised in skittle alley at the club which was former MR Railway station there years ago

Good music innit....theres loadsa albums called 'pickin on'...all playing others bands stuff in bluegrass style...My mate is the drummer in an ACDC tribute band called 'Touch 2 Much '...took him that album down...dont think they'll incorporate it into their gigs tho.

• 8 months later...

More fun! After all that fuss start of the year when owners of mobile site said I couldn't service gas boiler today I was expecting a new 47kg gas cyl delivery, true lorry comes along and this young driver with various nuts bolts studs pins etc in parts of his face says " can't leave you a bottle you haven't got a "gas overload indicator" (pointing to where the "low gas indicator" is on some regulators "what are you talking about?" "I don't know I'm only a agency lorry driver (this is the bloke who breaks the joints and remakes fitting new bottles) but calor say unless I see the plastic indicator on top I can't supply you" So off he goes and 2hrs later calor return my call, a woman supervisor, sounded about 18 with as much knowledge as my 9 month old grand daughter, Hadn't a clue! all I got was phrases "well they tell us we've got to say this" Next direct from head office of calor comes "the engineer" same crap, "got to keep up with regulations" "whose?" "well Calor's"

"but they are not law" "no but if we sell you a gas bottle and you kill someone we'd be liable if your home didn't met regs" "whose reg's?" " well Calor's!!!!!!"

Turns out latest Calor regulator has a lever valve built in to shut off all bottles in one move in case of fire, such a valve needed under LPG regs since 2006 and most are in line inc mine but they are pushing new reg at £200 plus! told 2 old ladies they need such before they'll supply any more gas, have passed such to Dom littlewood at One Show

I noticed in one of your posts Ashley "soldered joints" Strictly verboten around here, must be screwed or union type. I have a 500 gallon propane tank outside, and they only fill to 80% max. Also in both Missouri and Arkansas, each state has it's own laws and rules, if you take a bottle in it must have an automatic valve to vent propane should the bottle overheat or be overfull. They fill bottles by weight on a scale not by volume. Now in California, they filled bottles by volume, and pipework from a fixed tank and buried pipes bust be "black iron" with a sealed coating, green in colour, to prevent corrosion.I'm presuming the green is to signify to anyone digging that it's a propane line. Here mines copper.

when I first started in plumbing we used a "flaring tool", sort of a drift which you bashed into end of copper pipe to open such out, then shoved in other pipe and sweated it, think the crap thin wall foriegn later pipe knackered that idea (early 70's)good job too! even better lead work virtually all gone then though recall wiping a joint (sounded like a mod dance?)

I know here soldered joints are banned on fuel and gas pipes on boats on grounds of vibration problems,

soldered joints are a lot cheaper of course but I liked to have a compression one here and there, solder everything solid and you can't get into it if a problrm

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...