As requested.

What recordings do you have stashed away that you would be ashamed for any one else to see??

As an ex D.J. I got sent loads (and bought them too) so I'll just start with one.

SWMBO bought me a copy of "The Venga Boys" Greatest hits part one, why ? I never did know why , unless it was 'cause I was working in 'Ibitza' sic at the time !!

I think I still have a Frank Ifield single somewhere - luckily I don't own an operating turntable!

I think I still have a Frank Ifield single somewhere - luckily I don't own an operating turntable!

Whats wrong with that, can you still yodel as a consequence.

For some inexplicable reason someone once bought me 'Pass the Duchy' by Musical Youth, but I have a feeling it went straight in the bin, unplayed, when they had gone, I bet Fynger still has a copy.

For some inexplicable reason someone once bought me 'Pass the Duchy' by Musical Youth, but I have a feeling it went straight in the bin, unplayed, when they had gone, I bet Fynger still has a copy.

NO !!!!!

Found amongst my dear beloved's Hungarian collection, this one looks very worrying.

hung1.jpg

C'mon, I bet you've got the follow up as well as Musical Youth's Greatest Hits, Fynger.

Is anyone going to own up to having a copy of the soundtrack to 'Mama Mia', or even worse a DVD of the film, it makes me feel ill just to write it.

You don't want me to send you a copy then, thought you might be into that sort of thing.

My mother, the great autograph hunter, once bumped into Roger Whittaker at some airport and knowing my aversion to the 'great whistler' deliberately got him to dedicate his signature to me, she reckons she's going to dig her album out and wind me up the next time I go and see her.

Thats reminded me of another great 'whistler', Ronnie Ronalde, I distinctly remember going into the booking office at a theatre in Great Yarmouth in the 50's and mother pouncing on the poor bloke and demanding his autograph, I recall him being flustered but very kind, while I stood around and cringed with embarrasment. That wasn't the last time, I recall being grabbed by the hand by my Aunt Joan and dragged over to stand like an eejit while she interrogated Jane Asher on her relationship with 'Our Paul', I was speechless at her audacity, bloody Lancies, poor Jane was only opening a seaside ( Teignmouth ) carnival.

From our marriage in 68 to moving here in 86, we collected a few L.P's and for some reason, bought them with us. As far as I know, we've never played them since! A few are doozies that I'm sure we would be embarrassed to play now. Like Demis Roussos, he of the caftans and high warbly voice. A Julio Inglesias [or hoolio doubleglazing] and 2 Rick Wakeman's, which we thought were marvellous. One of those is The Myths and Legends of King Arthur. Impressed eh?

Before he went solo he was in a Band called 'Aphrodite's Child'...they were brilliant

Don't forget Yes and The Strawbs, nice bloke, helped carry his Hammond Organ up those dreaded Boat Club stairs.

Oops sorry, thought you meant Mr Wakeman, not a member of the cast of 'Mama Mia' acting as a windbreak.

I got....Dick-a-dum-dum By 'Whistling Roger Whittaker....and...Little White Bull by Tommy Steele

Here's a saddo for you...........That first track was by Des O' Connor

I'm pretty sure I have "Sun Arise" by Rolf Harris lying around somewhere.

Also, sitting right here on my bookshelf, UNOPENED, a cassette tape of "The Sound of Music" (Broadway cast) - offers anyone?

I did actually have a Pinky and Perky album. !!! but some one with real bad taste (Maxine Morris , there named and shamed) stole it along with my copy of "Greg Lake" ..........."I believe in Father Christmas."

• Upvote 1

I thought it was the ARCHERS?

Don't tell anyone - but - I bought it for Mrs Frank when we were a courtin'

I know, I know, extravagant, - but i did score some Brownie points!!

• 6 years later...