nottingham boat club/palais/mardi gras

well i'm glad i found this forum,what i'm looking for is any photos of me/bands or just people from the nottingham boat club/palais/mardi gras when i was the dj there during the late 70's early 80's,during various house moves the pics got lost or thrown away,if anyone has any please pm me on here or contact me on www.myspace.com/metal_micky

sorry admin if you dont allow web addys please feel free to delete

i just tried to post a reply to a topic but i dont know if it posted so i will do it again looking back over the last few posts and the pubs topic, does anyone remember WARROW'S wine bar? upstairs it was,i was the main dj there along with pete smith and stu stephenson (where are they now) the warrow's scrumpy was just like cold tea but with a kick,i should know i drunk a few and fell down the stairs a few times oh for the joy i dont drink now lol

thanks and regards

metal micky (still djing)

Warrows !!!....yep remember it well......How did you fall down the stairs ??....always seemed an impossible thing to do as there were so many people on them....was hard enough getting up them....mind you that proved useful when the DS planned a raid....everyone was gone by the time they got to the top.

Oh No! not another Bleddy DJ!

Anyway try searching Warrows here

Yer'l soon ger used ter it.

Welcome Anyway

Why dont yer put yer blog address in yer signiture, it'l do yer a lot of good when Googlebot visits us.

Which is most of the time.

the only blog i do now is on my space if i put too many blogs around people will think i'm a big head (well i am) as a few of you might know i did start at warrow's wine bar, and then i did the nottingham boat club (middle of the 3) and i rememember,def leppard there i think rick allen was 15,iron maiden,saxon, and loads of others but my highlight was when i gigged with robert plant and the honeydrippers,simon and davo took over after i left ,then i went on to the palais and kicked ass over there ,i gave the rock scene in notts a head start coz soon after you had vern with steam machine at the imperial (st james st) and confusion (john) at the yorker but i think he did the imperial as well, after the palais shut rock city started and i went to the mardi gras i did a few years there and met a load of fine bands and people,i did some work with the P.A firm there (rich and andy) them the mardi shut and i got a day job working as maintanence electrician for a 300 room hotel and 18 years later after 3 marriges and 3 divorces 2 kids i went back on the road and worked as rock jock for the intake in mansfield which is owend by simon ward ex bass player from deuce (remember them) and i (re)met up with andy from the mardi gras,i finished there and i'm currently doing every friday at the doghouse in loughborough trying to do what i believe in and that is bringing the music i love back to the masses, well there's my blog make of it what you will,opinions welcome but nothing rude or insulting

regards

mm

I sent you a pm before i read this mick. I was with you at most of the places you mentioned. One place you didn't mention was Rushcliffe leisure centre, was it you that got Krokus to play there or something like that?

I spent an awful lot of Saturday nights at the boat during the early to mid severnties, haven't got any pctures I'm afraid. I do remember seeing a very young Def Leppard; I think it was part of the NWOBHM tour and they were supporting the Tygers Of Pan Tang.

Well I'll ba a pox doctors clerk!! if it ain't me owd mucker Micky. Another name for you , Alison Thompson.

Do you remember the night we had "Becky Bondage" on .Loads of trouble expected ,5 doormen , cloakroom girl with base ball bat by her feet , kitchen staff, 8 girls behind the bars, 2 glass collectors , ofcource Roger the dodger was there too along with Alan,and a paying audience of 10 turned up!!!

If you can't remember me ,I was the loan doorman on Christmas eve 1986 when you did a rock gig and there were about 2 hundred and fifty of the meanest mothers ever to sit astride a 'bike' !! And not one problem all night !!! at midnight every one trooped out and on their merry way so to speak.

Rich and Andy were they the ones who did the filming of the gigs ??

I don't think I ever took any pics in all the time I was there though unfortunately . It would be nice to get hold of some of those videos though.

F**k me i'm famous ha ha yeah mr rob t i remember you we had some wild nights there especially that night i got a thump if you remember oh what fun i hope you are well and beefsteak i cant remember you sorry,i can remember things about the mardi as if it was yesterday but somethings i cant.

i had a breakdown a while back and somethings are just returning to me, as i said in a previous post about the mardi gras andy now works as the dj at the intake in mansfield and rich lives way out in cumbria i think.

if you want to see the mardi gras go here http://www.cherryred.co.uk/other/cherryredtv/music.htm

click the punk tab and find the exploited rock & roll outlaws/sexual favours it was recorded live at the mardi and you have got lady di on backing vocals and we all remember hendrix from the sic boy federation

i have been trying to get back into the clubs in notts because i wanted to bring the rock back to where i started it,dont forget i have been djing now for 38 or so years i started at school when i was 13/14 i have tons of vinyl and over a terrabyte of mp3's so any club owners/managers who fancy putting on an ageing rock jock i'm free any day except fridays and we can discuss terms

F**k me i'm famous ha ha yeah mr rob t i remember you we had some wild nights there especially that night i got a thump if you remember oh what fun i hope you are well and beefsteak i cant remember you sorry,i can remember things about the mardi as if it was yesterday but somethings i cant.

i had a breakdown a while back and somethings are just returning to me, as i said in a previous post about the mardi gras andy now works as the dj at the intake in mansfield and rich lives way out in cumbria i think.

if you want to see the mardi gras go here http://www.cherryred.co.uk/other/cherryredtv/music.htm

click the punk tab and find the exploited rock & roll outlaws/sexual favours it was recorded live at the mardi and you have got lady di on backing vocals and we all remember hendrix from the sic boy federation

i have been trying to get back into the clubs in notts because i wanted to bring the rock back to where i started it,dont forget i have been djing now for 38 or so years i started at school when i was 13/14 i have tons of vinyl and over a terrabyte of mp3's so any club owners/managers who fancy putting on an ageing rock jock i'm free any day except fridays and we can discuss terms

hi zab i worked with most of the NWOBHM bands at the boat and had the pleasure of working with diamond head again when i was at the intake the only original member is brian tatler but they are fekkin awesome now, i re met the tygers of pan tang rob weir is the only one left,the highlight of the intake was when we got hardcore superstar from sweden wickid,the last band i worked with at the intake was fightstar and they were good

the bands i liked at the boat were quartz,whitespirit and limelight, magnum and saxon,def leppard were superb,i think i should write a book "confessions of a rock dj"

p.s yes beefsteak i remember alison coz i went out with her for a while while i think about it anyone that used to go to warrow's/boat club/palais or the mardi gras please get in touch oh i did zhivago's as well but i got the sack from there coz i played some macc lads and they didnt like it

blimy dont i waffle

regards

mm (the fat one)

• 2 years later...

Wow that get my memory working Mick, I too did the Palais for a while and at some point the one under the night club, called Morts Cavern? I played pop rock on, well I think it was sat afternoons?

This guy used to come in wearing a white suit and give me a tip for playing his latest record from Selectadisc.

Was that you Mick? What were those house bands called at the Palais anyone?

Regards Stuart Mills

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MORNIN KEN........yep thats him...Ilkeston Window cleaner now....dont know if he still does but only 3 years ago he was still promoting punk bands or advertising them .

haha not sure if he still does any promos. I always wondered if he actually knew where he was (no offence mate). Must just be his way!!

That's him!!

He used to clean the windows in my pub in Nott'm !!

Mad as a box of frogs , but a great bloke all the same .

Hes talking about another notorious Ilkestonian called 'Apollo' (thats his real name - he changed it by deed poll). My partner and I have had a few run ins with him over the last 4 or 5 years!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Tell yer what duck, I were doubled up watching that. And I didn't understand half of it! :unsure: I think living south of Leicester has atrophied me Dottigub Detector or should it be me Ilson Informator.