Great Super Bowl

We are talking Superbowl XLII Come on you Statesiders answer me this,Tom Petty ,half time entertainment?

It used to be a spectacular.Are the Americans loosing interest or is it me

Hi Beefy

After the 'wardrobe malfunction' fiasco a few years ago, I think they must have decided to go with the oldies. They've had the Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney the past few years, now Tom Petty, so, old is safe. Just a thought.

• 11 months later...

It's just finished, and what a great 4th quarter!!

The half time show was great too , with Bruce putting on a great show, (As usual)

Full points to US ,Cough ,cough, Football

Just got back from me hols, so only just saw this thread. Boo hoo, our team lost, but what the heck, it's the first time we got this far, ever! It's also the first time I've actually sat down and watched a Superbowl, as the sport doesn't do anything for me as a rule. I must admit it was exciting in the 4th quarter, and what a finish at the very end. Usually we tape the game, hubby watches it as it's happening and I watch it afterwards, whizzing through the sport and just watching the adverts, which tend to be the best of the year. We were on a ship for this game and the game was transmitted through ESPN, which meant they didn't show the ads, but put on their own. Never mind thought we, we are taping the show back home, transmitted by NBC, so can watch the ads. WRONG. We forgot to tape it. Rats.

• 8 years later...

I watched the Puppy Bowl for a While on animal Planet.

A Bunch of pups playing on an artificial football field..  It was about like watching paint dry interspersed with dog food commercials.  I gave up after about 15 minutes.   The stuff some folks will watch!!!!  :(