• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My trusty friend Hartley opening his Christmas present. If this works it's a miracle.

By Jove, have I succeeded?!!!!

Balloon flight over Vale of Belvoir

We are still waiting Lizzie Dripping. Can't hold my breath for much longer!

Congrats to Melissa on 1000 Likes.

• Upvote 3

Ha! I was sitting at the computer, rather than iPad, til 1.30 this morning, struggling with Photobucket. Got my head around that but then was following your instructions to load onto Nottstalgia and got a load of numbers and letters in the reply box, daren't go any further in case I'd done something wrong. Is that how it should be? At least I've now got pics of our dogs, past and present, on Photobucket, so think I'm half way there!

• Upvote 4

Lizzie. Sounds like you were doing fine and then chickened out . You are supposed to get a lot of letters and numbers in the Reply Box - that is the image's URL address. Do it again and then click the button that transmits the contents of the Reply Box. The URL address is then converted to the actual image. As I have said, if after you have posted the Reply Box and do not get an image, but get the URL letters and numbers, then click the go-back arrow at top left of screen, and then untick the HTML square and then re-post. Don't know why this does this, but keep in mind if this problem arises.

Also, if, after you have transmitted the image and things are not going right, then so long as you can still see 'edit' at the bottom of the screen, you can still click on it and fiddle around with what you have and what you want to add.

Come on, Lizzie. If carni can do it in between meals, then you can!

• Upvote 1

Ha! I was sitting at the computer, rather than iPad, til 1.30 this morning, struggling with Photobucket. Got my head around that but then was following your instructions to load onto Nottstalgia and got a load of numbers and letters in the reply box, daren't go any further in case I'd done something wrong. Is that how it should be? At least I've now got pics of our dogs, past and present, on Photobucket, so think I'm half way there!

If you don't manage to get any further, you can just bring the photos to the meet-up and we'll look at them that way.

• Upvote 3

Now then, something odd is happening on my Nottstalgia ....... Carni's avatar has Cliff Ton's name against it. So who's just put that comment on? This morning Dave48's avatar was next to Melissa's name!!!!

• Upvote 1

9c0c06a5-d46a-4336-a9dd-c2d36aacbff0.jpg166eac91-be64-466d-b715-986d00061b1b.jpgRobin_Hood.jpgDSCF1639.jpg

I have no idea what to expect! I apologise in advance. Here goes!

Mmmmmm? When I copied the individual URLs, and pasted them into the reply box, they were all underneath each other. The second one I copied, was the one of the Pub. Has this happened because I didn't downsize them enough. Can anyone tell me what the best size would be to get the images in two's, side by side please?

• Upvote 1

One of the things it depends on is the size of your browser window - in other words what kind of computer you are using. Everybody will be seeing a different result, so it's not really worth trying to fine tune your post.

I'm viewing on a fairly large screen; by adjusting the size of my browser window I can rearrange your photos so that I have all four in one horizontal line, or all four in a vertical line, or two and two.

So whatever you do, I (and anyone else) can make it appear different on their own computer anyway. :cool:

In the Drag and Drop space in Photobucket there is a little wheel in the top right corner. Click on this to give all your pics the same size - choose the size from the list - I use the 800 x size, and it stays that size until you alter it. As for placing them side-by-side, even I don't know how to do that. Can't see a reason to do that - it means that the images will have to be small, as per your pub photo. I would keep them all shown one after the other at a big size.

CliffTon, So i couldn't just resize all of the images to...Width350 Height262. which are the dimensions of the Pub photo?

Chulla, my reason for trying to add images side by side is purely to save space. I don't know if it is important or not?

carni. Space is not a premium because your images are not stored on the Nottstalgia website, they are stored in Photobucket's enormous storage facility. I have 63 images in my Photobucket library, all of which are size 700 or more. It tells me that I have used only 1% of my allotment. Although you see them when you look at your messages, it is the open link to Photobucket that is putting them there.

Now, if you scan your image and add it to your message via means other than Photobucket or the other similar programmes, then the image cannot be larger that 50Kb, or so I understand. CT will know.

• Upvote 1

Yes you could resize them to all be the same, but it that still won't stop them appearing differently depending on how they are being viewed.

This is your page as I can see it, in two different ways; one where they are vertically stacked, and another where they are stretched the full width of the screen. All I've done is expanded or contracted my browser window, so you can't force someone to see the images side by side, or vertically. People will be seeing the photos one way or another without realising that other people will be seeing them in different ways.

vert.jpg

hori.jpg

• Upvote 2

CliffTon,Thankyou for explaining that to me. It sounds a bit to complicated for me to tackle at the moment! I suppose copying them all onto a page in Notepad or Paint and moving them around like that, would be an easier option for me. I used to do that when I had word on my first computer, but I haven't got that on my Laptop!

Chulla, I didn't see your post. Thankyou for that information. I see now that it isn't a space problem at all.

Yes, making one image with four pictures on, and then putting it into Photobucket will work fine. Not sure, but think they might have to be jpegs.

• Upvote 1