First timer here and if I make any spelling mistakes its because the font is too small to read and no amount of clicking it higher works, So I am 'feeling' rather than typing!!! (Anyone got a magnifying glass I could borrow?)

Have just wrtten a second to book to my first one YO'D MEK A PARSON SWEAR! (www.joyjamesnottingham.co.uk

It deals with growing up in St Ann's as a small child. The 2nd one (title a work in progress..any idea's?) deals with what happened next.

I go to Pierrepoint and have hit a snag. I am being told its Pierrepont! But I am sure I am right in thinking there is an e in the pont!

I have even found it spelled thus in a list of Nottingham schools I found online. There is also a tenuous Nottingham link to Albert Pirrepoint.

Help!!!

Welcome Joy, were you interviewed on Radio Nottingham about a year ago?

Yes, about the closure of the Commodore. And again on Radio Nottingham last Dec about the book.

Nice of you to recall.

Yes, about the closure of the Commodore. And again on Radio Nottingham last Dec about the book.

Nice of you to recall.

Oh it was. All those glamuorous gowns, venue's, glitter, travel, 3 kids, house to run.. No, only kidding, I do have some lovely memories.

Worked with some nice folk too; Roy Castle, Bill Maynard, Ricky Tomlinson, the Aufweidersen crew, Hope and Keen, Stephanie Beacham, Dick Emery, Bernard Manning, Roy Kinnear, Roger Whitaker, Leslie Crowther...oh I shall be here all day.

But who wold have thought that I in my dotage could write a book that has been so well received? I was gong to go with an online booksellers but decided to go it alone. The onliner, recently contacted me and told me she thought I might be in difficulty and she could promise to sell me 100 books over a 6 month period. I have already sold the best part of 400 in 2 months. Good intit!

I remember you talking about your singing career, very interesting.

I have just replied to this but sent it off into the wrong column!! If anybody finds it.....and while you're at it, find my flipping glasses as well......

Ayup Joy, welcome to the mad house !!

And you are the chief nutter eh? I foundthis site by accident but it seems that nostalgia is my bag right now so its up my street.

wiah I could make the font bigger, its the only thing that will put me off.

JOY

HIT AddREPLY (NEXT TO FastREPLY) IN THERE YOU CAN CHOOSE THE FONT SIZE

FROM THE SECOND BIGGEST NUTTER ON HERE

Pierrepont and Pierrepoint appear both to be valid names, that one derives from the other is at least possible.

Pierrepont is the older of the two names recorded as far back as the Norman conquest. The Pierreponts were a titled land-owning family with property around the UK. Story includes the buying up of dissolved catholic church properties after Henry VIII.

Pierrepoint as a name seems to have arrived early 19th century and may simply be a mis-spelling that became established - after all, many names evolve, not least 'Nottingham'.

There seems little doubt that Holme Pierrepont is correct without the 'i' in 'pont'.

• 2 months later...