How did the NASA boffins know the moon lander was going to settle on the moons surface in a dead level attitude, the reason I'm asking this is because if the lander was only slightly tilted from the vertical on take off it wouldn't be on the same course as the command vehicle and quite a lot of course altering would be needed to get it back on the same trajectory< I dont remember any such maneuvering taking place while I was watching it on TV, just a thought

Rog

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a mate with one of those great big telescopes from Jesops, he's got tired of watching the moon go round the Earth for 24 hours, so decided to call it a day.

Despite conspiracy theories I’m certain there’s sufficient evidence to confirm that the Americans visited the moon. They did try to open a pub there but it failed to attract customers because there wa

This is a song by an Australian country singer Reg Lindsay about Neil Armstrong's walk on the moon. Please have a listen and think about the words , they were true then and I think even more so t

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...

We have a friend who is a Space Scientist and he is 100% sure that it actually happened. He has arguments to explain the ‘anomalies’ (shadows etc on photos) that conspiracy theorists use to ‘prove’ their case.  

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, radfordred said:

So 50 years on, did they really step foot on the moon & why have we not been back? 

No point going back, there wasn't any Cheese after all.

Think the Man in the Moon must have eaten it all.

• Like 1

Think about when it all happened, the Russians and the Americans were locked in a space race, does anyone really believe the Russians would let them get away with faking it? I'm fairly sure tracking stations around the world followed it all the way there and back, any slight deviation like a stop off for a Big Mac would have been seen and noted...

Maybe they called the AA route finder for directions first. Note !! Other travel info and rescue services available.

I allus thought it were second star to the right and straight on til morning !

This is a song by an Australian country singer Reg Lindsay about Neil Armstrong's walk on the moon.

Please have a listen and think about the words , they were true then and I think even more so today as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and the politics of hate get stronger.

He sings about a July afternoon which is when it happened Australian Time

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1