My Motorcycle

At suggestion of mgread 1200 a new topic! What bikes did you own? (one at a time please) and please be honest, dont want any V8 Moto Guzzi's, or a Brough Golden Dream! and was such on the road? Have put this in 1960's Forum, hope that's ok?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a Norton for y'all. http://www.youtube.com/embed/iKqpvriKZuA

Hi again ok my first bike in 1963 was a B.S.A bantam 125 did 55mph downhill with a following wind! then a enfiel bullet, triumph 21 , tiger 100, B.S.A shooting star, B.S.A goldie, Tiger cub, Tiger

Well lets include scooters too! Here is my list:

1967-68 - Vespa 150 Sportique (1961)

1969-70 - Triumph 500 SpeedTwin (1959)

1979-84 - Yamaha XS650 Special (1979)

1985-05 - Yamaha Virago 750 (1981)

2007 - Kawasaki KZ-650 (1978)

2009 - Kawasaki W650 (2000)

All of these were on the road - some not for the entire time I owned them, but they were all ridden extensively from time-to-time. The XS650 was the only one I owned that was new - and I wish I still owned it but I would trade all of them to get my old Triumph back - I loved that bike! The KZ-650 is a blast - an inline four that revs to 12,000rpm is totally amazing but I am looking forward to riding the W650 too!

BSA Bantom

Fizzer...Yamaha FS1E

Honda C200

Honda Gold Wing (I hadn't passed my test so this had to go back !!!)

Step through Honda 50 (Some scale down!!)

Step through Honda 90

Honda CM 125

Honda 125

(I genuinely didn't realise I had owned this many !!!)

Ambassador 175 with Villiers two stroke engine, plunger type rear suspension.

Honda C50.

Honda C90.

Yamaha 125 twin.

Honda 250 off road load of crap

Kawasaki 250 triple race tuned with stainless expansion chambers.

Suzuki X7.

Bonneville executive 750 in sunburst red

Saving up now for Royal Enfield 350 Bullet, ( I know a load of crap but I just fancy one,don't tell the memsahib)

Rog

Unfortunately my memory for the finer detail of a motor bike is a little sketchy so as I don’t embarrass me sen to much I will just say the manufacturers name and cubic capacity if one doesn’t mind..

First bike a Honda 50cc

Second bike….Yamaha 50cc

Third bike……Yamaha 80cc bored out to 90 summut after gudgin pin took a walk inside its cylinder.

Fourth bike Honda 600 this I do remember its name….no sorry I don’t.

See picture below.

Bip.

sdw.jpg

Please be honest, dont want any V8 Moto Guzzi's, or a Brough Golden Dream!

reminds me of a bike show in Vic centre (might have been '76).

T'were a Sackakacki show,,,,,, but the biggest crowd was around a single Moto Guzzi (I seem to think it was a straight 6,,,, but more probably a 'V'6).

A gorgeous machine,,,,,,,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't think i'll be mentioning my Itom here,,,, as it wuz only 49cc !

Raleigh Roma - 1968

Lambretta 125 - 1968

Lambretta 250 - 1969

Yamaha 125 twin - 1974

Stuck to cars ever since, although me and Mrs Frank went fer a spin on a Vespa when we were over in Key West a couple of years ago. Bit shaky to start but it soon came back to me :biggrin:

Lambretta LD 125 Ld 150 LI 150

Francis Barnet sumat about 150cc

James Cadet 150cc?

Triumph tiger cub 200

BSA C15 250

Panther 350 with sidecar (never passed me test)

Suzuki 80 step through

Would love to take my test, whats the regulations now if you've got a car license?

1970, when I lived on Wilford Crescent West.

My Lambretta was nothing like this one. It was knackered!

I pushed it to Bulwell when it broke down half way.

It started first time when I pleaded the information for being late!

I rode it home one day thinking the engine was about to give up the ghost!

To find it was a loose spark plug in the tool compartment.

Scooter1_fs.jpg

This one was from the early 80s. Mine had a fairing and Panniers.

I sold it because motorist kept trying to knock me off!

superdreamneil.jpg

The most expensive bike I ever bought, 3 yrs old and immaculate, only done 1,760 miles, maybe you'll know what I mean if I say "too good for me"? esp with all the masses of chrome, anyway did my summer of posing on it then sold on at a profit, took a yam SR250 single cyl in p/x and had far more fun and enjoyment on that for last few years. SWScan00022.jpg

Ashley , that looks just like one my mate Shane (real name) had. He couldn't hack it so decided to flog it . He attached a ' Black and Decker' drill to the front wheel to attempt to wind the clock back , came back from the pub 2 hours later to find, one knackered B and D and a bike that had done 3/4 mile less than when he started. He tried again with a new B and D next day ,this time we all sat in the sun , having a Barbeque and supping , when the next Band D gave up after an hour it had taken off just another 1 1/2 !!!!!!! at least he got his money back for the B and D under warranty !!!

PHILLIPS norman nippy

PUCH maxi

HONDA C90

YAM FS1E

SUZUKI A50

KAWASAKI KH 100

MZ125

YAM YDS7 250

YAM YR5 350

SUZUKI X7

SUZUKI GS1000

SUZUKI GSX1100

YAM XT 250

SUZUKI PE175

HONDA CR250

YAM TZ 350

YAM WR450

Plus i raced sidecars for 7 years including the TT....ENGINES USED KAWASAKI GPZ1100 Z1000 Z900 SUZUKI GSX1100 GS 1000 YAMAHA TZ 750 TZ 700 TZ 500 TZ 350.....

Like me road bikes.. but ya stuck to the black stuff...so i`ve gone enduro so i get the best off both worlds on road n off road

Nottingham seems popular for sidecar racers? what with Tony Starkey, Les Clarke,Paul Rogers and now ? Only ever had one go at proper racing, Mallory Park. not my cup of of tea at all, no road markings, double white lines etc, and (at least with bikes we were on) fastest bike won, bit boring in fact? To make it more interesting and like real life they ought to have say a lorry going round at same time? and maybe a woman with a pram crossing at different points, or a tractor backing out, even the suprise oil spill?

I once went round Cadwell with Paul Rodgers on his outfit, not the safest I've ever felt!!! but a memory I wouldn't swap for all the tea in China

Nottingham seems popular for sidecar racers? what with Tony Starkey, Les Clarke,Paul Rogers and now ? Only ever had one go at proper racing, Mallory Park. not my cup of of tea at all, no road markings, double white lines etc, and (at least with bikes we were on) fastest bike won, bit boring in fact? To make it more interesting and like real life they ought to have say a lorry going round at same time? and maybe a woman with a pram crossing at different points, or a tractor backing out, even the suprise oil spill?

used to see steve abbot till a couple of years ago, he was a regular at the seven stars in riddings