My Motorcycle

Yes the triumph could do with the Ashley treatment, heres one I made earlier, as they say SWScan00013.jpg That Triumph 650 was in worse condition that the T90, it looked like it had been rode home from the white hart parked up in back yard and left uncovered for 20 years! apart from new wheels,exhausts/silencers,seat.mudguards,lights and other bits it had new mains, crank regrind, big ends and rings, I did get it finished, mot'd and on the road, but no photos thus after all vanished years later from my car which was pinched by some barsteward

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a Norton for y'all. http://www.youtube.com/embed/iKqpvriKZuA

Hi again ok my first bike in 1963 was a B.S.A bantam 125 did 55mph downhill with a following wind! then a enfiel bullet, triumph 21 , tiger 100, B.S.A shooting star, B.S.A goldie, Tiger cub, Tiger

Dawsons still exists (or did till some years ago) at a shop in netherfield, it is/was in a new block stood back on the right going towards carlton on the main road right next to the level crossing

Not there now Ash. Was that before or after Carton Square?

Re "before or after Carlton Square"

is that a question re the location of the shop? or an era question ie was it "before or after Dawsons had a shop at Carlton Sq? "(if in fact they did)? I meant it as a location,

looked on google map, they were actually on Wright St off Victoria Rd Netherfield the shop backing up to the railway line.

• 2 years later...

Hi again ok my first bike in 1963 was a B.S.A bantam 125 did 55mph downhill with a following wind! then a enfiel bullet, triumph 21 , tiger 100,

B.S.A shooting star, B.S.A goldie, Tiger cub, Tiger 110, Thunderbird, Ariel arrow and 2 mopeds a raliegh runabout and a nsu quickley, i used to buy them keep them a while and sell them on ( and i apoligize in advance if anyone had problems after buying one of them!)

A good friend of mine Terry Woodcock died in a acciedent on Alfreton road, so we all sold our bikes out of respect for his family who lived over the road and i never rode again as i didn't want my parents to go through what terry's did, R.I.P MY FRIEND.

• Upvote 1

was that on Arkwright Street ?

Yes radfordred,sorry its took so long to answer,but it did take you 3 years to ask.lol.

I never wanted a motor bike but our next door neighbour was selling his1939 500triumph T100 sidecar outfit ,he was the woodwork teacher at Bramcote Tech,It cost me five quid plus nine to insure it ,you could ride a sidecar on L plates in those days and legally carry a passenger or two,I had it for about a year ,And Ive had a bike. ever since I,ve still got about nine .the t100 was a long time ago now

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I had a BSA Bantam (2 actually), AN Excelsior Talisman GT (250 2 stroke twin), AJS 350, DKW Hummle Super, NSU quickly, Lambrettas: TV175 Series 2, Li 150 S2, Li150 S3. I rode all except the Lambos on what is now Carlton Forum - coppers watched but only interfered if we rode them to or from the 'track'.

• 1 month later...