My Motorcycle

JUST AREMINDER TO ALL YOU OLD BIKERS OUT THER ONLY TWO AMD A HALF DAYS TO GO TO ROCKERS REUNION IF YOU COME COME AND SAY HELLO TO ME CARNT MISS ME I WILL BE EITHER WIZZING AROUND ON THE MOBILITY SCOOTER OR OR HOBLING ON MY STICK. COME LATE AT NIGHT AND I HAVE HAD A FEW TIA MARIAS TO DEADEN THE PAIN I MIGHT EVEN MANAGE TO GET UP AND HAVEA DANCE BUT IT WILL TELL ON ME AFTER.. I AM THE LITTLE FAT ONE WITH THE STICK.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a Norton for y'all. http://www.youtube.com/embed/iKqpvriKZuA

Hi again ok my first bike in 1963 was a B.S.A bantam 125 did 55mph downhill with a following wind! then a enfiel bullet, triumph 21 , tiger 100, B.S.A shooting star, B.S.A goldie, Tiger cub, Tiger

JUST AREMINDER TO ALL YOU OLD BIKERS OUT THER ONLY TWO AMD A HALF DAYS TO GO TO ROCKERS REUNION IF YOU COME COME AND SAY HELLO TO ME CARNT MISS ME I WILL BE EITHER WIZZING AROUND ON THE MOBILITY SCOOTER OR OR HOBLING ON MY STICK. COME LATE AT NIGHT AND I HAVE HAD A FEW TIA MARIAS TO DEADEN THE PAIN I MIGHT EVEN MANAGE TO GET UP AND HAVEA DANCE BUT IT WILL TELL ON ME AFTER.. I AM THE LITTLE FAT ONE WITH THE STICK.

WELL I AM BACK FROM SKEGGY A FANTASTIC WEEKEND IT WAS TOO MET UP WITH OLD ACE AND HIS WIFE THERE SO HAVE ONCE AGAIN AND HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY BACK TO THE SHETLANDS OVER THE NEXT TWO DAYS THEN REST FOR A FEW DAYS HOPE TO SEE YOU BOTH NEXT YEAR. DEBBIE SAID SHE WAS VERY SORRY NOT TO SEE ASH AND IZZY SO WERE WE

HOPE YOU ARE BOTH ALL WRIGHT AS WE HAVE NOT SEEN YOU FOR A FEW WEEKS ALSO AND YOU DO NOT SEEM TO BE ON THE SITE MUCH TOO.

MET UP WITH MANY GREAT PEOPLE FRIENDS OLD AND NEW ROLL ON NEXT YEAR.

Any photos Babs?

YES PIGGY HAS TAKEN PLENTY BUT NOT SORTED THEM OUT YET AS DID NOT GET BACK TILL ABOUT 8 LAST NIGHT AND WE WERE BOTH KNAKERED DONT KNOW YET WHAT HE TOOK AS HAVE ONLY SEEN SOME BUT WILL TRY AND GET THEM IN THE ALBUM FOR WHITEHART BIKERS NIGHT THURSDAY AND THEN TRY POST SOME UP AFTER THAT BUT THERE SHOULD ALSO BE SOME COMMING UP SOON ON ROCKERS REUNION SITE SHOULD ALSO BE SOME VIDEO FOOTAGE TAKEN SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ON THE SITE SOON TOO AS SOON AS THE WEBMASTER HAS IT ALL SORTED SO KEEP AN EYE ON THIS TOO.

WELL I AM BACK FROM SKEGGY A FANTASTIC WEEKEND IT WAS TOO MET UP WITH OLD ACE AND HIS WIFE THERE SO HAVE ONCE AGAIN AND HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY BACK TO THE SHETLANDS OVER THE NEXT TWO DAYS THEN REST FOR A FEW DAYS HOPE TO SEE YOU BOTH NEXT YEAR. DEBBIE SAID SHE WAS VERY SORRY NOT TO SEE ASH AND IZZY SO WERE WE

HOPE YOU ARE BOTH ALL WRIGHT AS WE HAVE NOT SEEN YOU FOR A FEW WEEKS ALSO AND YOU DO NOT SEEM TO BE ON THE SITE MUCH TOO.

MET UP WITH MANY GREAT PEOPLE FRIENDS OLD AND NEW ROLL ON NEXT YEAR.

Just got off the ferry,we had a great time at Skeggy, met up with some of the 60's bikers I hadn't seen in 40 years or more.

There is a bit of Nottstalgia a meet up on 27th August Babs.

I cant make that one. I should contact Denshaw for details.

Thanks Mick have already contacted him and got the info and will try to get there .Have contacted Carlton girl to see if she wants to come with me but she has not let me know yet ,so I will contact her again soon and find out what she is doing.

Just got off the ferry,we had a great time at Skeggy, met up with some of the 60's bikers I hadn't seen in 40 years or more.

How you feeling today we are still both really tiered so i hate ti think what you two feel like after your long journey home just take it easy for a few days.

How you feeling today we are still both really tiered so i hate ti think what you two feel like after your long journey home just take it easy for a few days.

The last hundred miles along the A90 was pretty horrendous,saw the aftermath of three accidents, torrentail rain and artics sending up cascades of spray,and I was feeling pretty tired by then.

When we got on the ferry I was standing by the lift from the car decks to the accomodation decks when I thought, did I put the handbrake on? Well I went back and checked, and I hadn't. That was serious fatigue, so I've decided that in future, trips to England will not be by road.

Long distance driving is a thing of the past, and you know what, I feel great about it.

Debbie has spent most of yesterday and today in bed, and she agrees that trains and boats and planes are OK by her.

So we hope to be in Skeggy for next years reunion, and possibly we may see you at the Hart some time next year as well.

hi old ace and debbie

if you ever want to fly to east midlands airport let us know and i am sure piggy will pick you up

trip from nottingham to skeggy not a problem either have seven seats in our car but carnt offer to put you up in notts as our sons still live with us so no spear room. but lifts not a problem. just let us know when you are comming.

• 3 weeks later...

Went down to the MotoGP in Indy last weekend - about 250 miles each way on my ZG1000 (GTR1000 to you). Great weekend - thousands of bikes of all types downtown on Friday and Saturday nights. Great racing but marred by a nasty accident on the warmup lap for the 250Moriwaki race on Sunday when a 13 year old rider was killed. Unfortunately, our seats gave us an excellent view of the accident.

Ride Safe everybody!

STORY

Whilst any death is a tragedy to be honest what do they expect with 12 and 13 year olds on motorcycles capable of well over 100 mph? Used to go when likes of Hailwood, Phil Read, and Bill Ivy were at the top and later when Donnington first got going again. I went off GP's etc when it all got a bit too over the top and bikes became "projectiles" with races a "procession". Bears no resemblence to riding on the roads, they could however liven it up by introducing say a reversing dustbin lorry on the track, maybe a secret zebra crossing with an old biddy shuffling across the track, or even a diesel spill now and then?

And some of those (Now fortunately all removed) pairs of square metal studs that were every where (They were something to do with measuring surface movement of tarmacIMMSC)

They were bloody leathal when it rained, you'd go over them at speed and the back end would slip out, only a fraction , but if you were being atad naughty, speed wise, you'd need to change your underpoants when you got home .......LOL

LOL @ Beefy - I remember certain Zebra crossings had the same issue! It was some kind of surface that was glued to the tarmac, but when it was wet... I remember going round "The Green" in Long Eaton on my Triumph, it had just rained, and I was probably a couple of mph over the limit (cough), but the bike stepped about a foot sideways going over the crossing - scared the cr@p out of me!

I ride MUCH more cautiously these days - something to do with a sense of mortality!

• 6 months later...

I had lots of bikes but the most mem was my Manx Norton 350 that i used to ride on the street with bicycle lights

The sheds , Jacks Cafe, Robins Cafe,

People

Dave Seaman

Kenny Runt

Big Baz

Tony Stark

Kranson

Moggy Mick

Dragon

Fairy Mary

Vincent Pete

My short history of bikes is:

Honda 50 - Great fun as it was my first

Yamaha RD200DX - Stroker, all over the road

Honda CB250G5 - Loved it, passed test on it 1977

Kawasaki Z900A4 - Loved it even more - got trashed by a prat in a Jag

Honda CB250N - Work horse, went when I became a dad.

MZ 125 - Cheap but certainly not cheerful - death trap.

My only 2 wheel experiences:

1971 Lambretta LI150 - Bits kept falling off it!

1981 Honda 250 Superdream - Drivers kept trying to knock me off it!

Never owned a bike, always preferred to have plenty of metal around me, warm in winter, cool in summer!! I have ridden bikes, but never got any thrills on them, did get wind burnt though!!

Had over 100, needless to say lots bought and sold without me getting them on the road, and some of those I did were right heaps! Used to love the old sprung hub Triumphs, everything was so simple and functional, had 5 inc one with T110 engine and bonnie head true not so good on bends but a cheap way to get power, worth a fortune now, remember buying one at Gaggs for £10, rode it home and all summer then sold to freddy merkel for £40, like winning the pools back then!

The Triumph sprung hub simple???, surely it was the most complicated rear suspension ever. If you want simple rear suspension then nothing to compare with my 1929 Ariel Mod H 500cc OHV. It had a sprung seat.

Ayup Graham, meant the bikes in general, that said the sprung hubs did work and never gave me trouble, so long as you didn't take them to pieces! not sure if an urban myth but stories circulated re accidents if you did ranging from losing fingers to decapitation! suffice to say the inner "spring box" had warnings cast into such "NEVER dismantle without correct jig" "Risk of serious injury" etc. A popular MOT failure (and costly expense) at that time was "worn swinging arm bushes" you did of course not get that with those! things I liked were the way everything bolted on easy with no fiddly bits and whilst most mudguards on other's bikes ended in the bin I liked them esp way front one's stay made a stand (as per Vincents), ditto the nacelle, never did get my head round the combined speedo rpm calculator but that apart the nacelle hid all the the nasty bits and a good way to mount speedo ammeter, switches, horn etc, best I ever had was my first one all alloy engine T100, like new when I got it for £15, to a 17yr old used to C11G, bantems and similar felt like a Honda Four! in fact neither my 2 4's or bonnevilles left me with the same impression when I first rode them

At the end of the war my late father, Stan the man, returned from his army service, and started working for BSA in

Birmingham. He mentioned he was doing something with the spring suspension of the BSA motorcycle?

I never quizzed him further on this, and now regret it. BSA I believe stands for Birmingham Small Arms?

In Birmingham Dad met my mother which resulted in my good self :)

correct, the old badge was "3 stacked rifles", maybe your father's suspension work was something to do with stopping the the other interpretation of BSA, "Bloody Sore Arse" ! though in reality probably development of "Plunger" rear suspension a short lived version superseded by swinging arm,

Thanks Ash.

My father was in engineering working at Ruston Bucyrus Lincoln, between Army service in India,and his war service. I got the feeling that he did some developement work for BSA?