Wallan Street and Trafalgar Street/Mineral water manufacturing/lace making

As I am new to this list I hope I am doing this properly? Have found my Great Grandfather on the 1911 census living at 61 Trafalgar Street and is listed as a porter mineral waters and his wife is listed as lace drawing and clipping. At 10 Wallan Street also on 1911 census lived my Great Uncle and his family. Does anyone know this area of Radford and does anyone have any photo's of this part. I have been told that Trafalgar Street is now under a school and the only part left is called Trafalgar Close. Would there have been a mineral water bottling place near Trafalgar Street or a lace making factory.

Any help will be appreciated. My family name was Elston and am still looking for relations. My Great Grandfather was William James Elston and he was 65 in 1911. He and his wife Deborah, nee Toulson had a son Aubrey and there was a Katherrine Touslon living with them whom I think was Deborah's illegitimate daughter. She is 22 and listed as a typist.

Thanks

Jean

Hi jean and welcome

There is an old map of the area on here somewhere , when I have a chance I shall find it for you.

It would be the greatest of pleasures to help you jean but I have been told to cool things down when talking to a lady so the answer to the question is no I can’t help.

By the way are you m*****d ? and if so would you fancy an a****r, if all criteria is met drop me a PM….

I remain yours Bip.

You seem to be getting the hang of it then Jean.

You might even get some responses on this.

Look out for RadfordRed, He live nearby and supports some local team or other.

1965-1969 I live near the Corner of Norton Street and Hartley Road.

I know there was Barnett's Sweet factory opposite, Was there a Pop Factory there somewhere?

On the other corner was a shop which was owned by some asians and converted into an Anorack factory,

Remember the nylon quilted ones with a hood.

You could have any colour as long as it was navy or brown, if I remember right.

On the other corner was a chemist. I was the next end terraced house after the entry.

The other corner was open land apart from a big old house, it stretched as far as Dame Agnes Mellors Football pitches.

Whist I was there the built all the flats on that land.

It would be the greatest of pleasures to help you jean but I have been told to cool things down when talking to a lady so the answer to the question is no I can't help.

By the way are you m*****d ? and if so would you fancy an a****r, if all criteria is met drop me a PM….

I remain yours Bip.

Bip, you are unbelievable! A couple of days into your new relationship and already you're cheating on her.

Jean, take no notice, Bip is a very bad man. Although he allegedly has a very interesting water feature and a penthouse somewhere on Mars.

Bip, you are unbelievable! A couple of days into your new relationship and already you're cheating on her.

Jean, take no notice, Bip is a very bad man. Although he allegedly has a very interesting water feature and a penthouse somewhere on Mars.

Thanks for that warning Charlie I have met many men like Bip before and am well prepared! Nice to know he is an alien!!

Jean

You have a thing for Aliens? There's a movie you should watch - with Sigourney Weaver - Bip fathered those mean little suckers! Right now he's in pursuit of Putin's grandaughter, which may result in a visit from some Russian guys armed with radioactive suppositrys!

Be prepared Bip! Don't ever bend over unless you're sure no one is lurking behind you.

:dancing N:

Nuclear Bip + suppositry

Incidentally are you also Kev as had a message from him which appeared to be under the one from you?

Jean

Do you mean " am i a Kev " ??.....if so YES....sure there are more tho....Hee Hee....If thats not what you mean.....what did you mean ? smile2